I took my guitar to Sam Ash for a step up a week ago because I get 4 free a year. I havent touched the tuners in a week because it was in tune and I just used standard tuning on everything that I was playing. Now that I want to tune a half step down, I relize that the tuning pegs arent working. Yeah, the pegs turn, but nothing is happening with the strings. I'm so pissed off because Sam Ash already gave me a hard time about getting it done in time. What could be the cause for this?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Quote by bobbyj84
I took my guitar to Sam Ash for a step up a week ago because I get 4 free a year. I havent touched the tuners in a week because it was in tune and I just used standard tuning on everything that I was playing. Now that I want to tune a half step down, I relize that the tuning pegs arent working. Yeah, the pegs turn, but nothing is happening with the strings. I'm so pissed off because Sam Ash already gave me a hard time about getting it done in time. What could be the cause for this?

Do you have a double locking tremolo?

Are there screws on the neck right before the 1st fret?
Is your locking nut locked? That sumtims will get me with my ibanez. If not, That really doesnt make any sense at all.

Edit: sorry for my useless comment, the guy ahead of me posted while I was psoting this.
Hmm... only thing I could think of is... if your guitar has got a Floyd Rose maybe you forgot to unlock the nut?

If that's not the case I guess your tuner's busted, or maybe the string isn't sitting in the tuner properly or something. That's all I can think of.
ALL of your tuners don't work?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Guitar-Fin
sam ash is asshole

amen brother. yeah, none of my tuners work. i dont have a floyd rose either. icalled the 24/7 hotline, and the guy thre said that maybe the little gear in the machine head tuner isn't catching. I have no idea, but I'm taking it in soon, and I better get some **** for free, or I'm gonna be pissed
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
What guitar do you have? Just for reference.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.