how do bands like postal service and latter radiohead make their music? like what instruments, software, etc. are they using? im thinking about trying something like that but have no idea how to even go about trying
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
I know hellogoodbye use the program fruityloops for some of their drum tracks, but the primary instrument is some kind of synth keyboard for a lot of those bands. Look into Korg or Moog for keyboards and effects to create those kinds of sounds.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
if you just want one program to make that kind of stuff, id recommend reason 3. because its good. but there are plenty of similar things out there. i think reason is best though.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
how do i go about downloading frooty loops? im working with ares, but i can only get the demo version of frooty loops 5.0
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
how do i go about downloading frooty loops? im working with ares, but i can only get the demo version of frooty loops 5.0

the only way to get FL is to buy it. here on UG we do not endorse attempting to obtain any copyrighted material illegally. if you cant afford it, save up or go for something cheaper. there is a list of software for recording, mixing and creating samples in the riffs and recordings forum. it even tells you which ones are free.
*previous post deleted for sake of rules*

edit: nevermind. didn't notice the mod did it.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
awesome.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008