Well, I just got my first bass, and Im looking for an amp to use it on. I was thinking about picking up a Sunn head and some kind of cab, but Im not sure. Any suggestions on what I should look into?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Id like to look into any style, but as far as tone goes, I think Id want a more vintage kind of sound. My range would go up to $700 or so, used is good of course. I play average sized venues, but Id want a higher powered amp
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
If you can get a Sunn head, get it. They're no longer made and were deified by certain bass players such as John Entwistle. The head may become valueable in the future.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Any other suggestions?
Board:
for a vintage sound, check out ampeg or fender, i would say ampeg more and either a 2x10 or a 12x15 about 100-200 watts should be enough