Okay I just bought Rickenbacker 330 6 String in Fireglo. It's beautiful, I love it to death, now I just need the perfect amp. I'll take any suggestions, but I'm looking at these two; Fender Twin Reverb and Vox AC30.

It's just that the twin doesn't have gain control, so I wouldn't be able to get a crunch for some of my other guitars (gibson les paul). Yet I know for the Rickenbacker it is ideal. I'm looking for that Smiths/REM/Byrds chimey sound. What are your opinions?
dude i played a rick through a fender and it was sooo amazing. I would have to say get the Fender and then just get like a tubescreamer or other type of overdrive pedal. I just think you cant beat the fender clean sound.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
^ or a real man's OD like a Tubescreamer or an OCD. That pedal there is WAY too heavy for what the threadstarter plays.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
^ or a real man's OD like a Tubescreamer or an OCD. That pedal there is WAY too heavy for what the threadstarter plays.

uh rightttttt. its a versatile pedal. thats why there are equalization knobs and a gain knob.
I think I'm going to go with the twin too, that was my gut feeling. I played a tele through it at the store and was loving it. Plus it's a bit cheaper. The only thing about that pedal is that it seems misleading. I'm going to be playing anything from blues, to zeppelin-ish stuff, to pixies material. Is that pedal good for all of that?