Ok, I'm going to be going through all my guitars and replacing a lot of pick ups. In my two super strats I'm putting some wolfetones, and same with my regular strat. The problem is that now I need pick ups for my ibanez xiphos and my 7 string. The xiphos is just used for straight metal. It needs to be super heavy sounding but still maintain definition. The 7 string is kinda different. I still use it to play metal, but I need a neck pick up that can do very smooth leads. If you suggest a pick up company that only operates online can you make sure that you can pay by check. I can't use a credit card right now. Thanks for any help
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
I thought the Xiphos had some sweet active Dimarzio alread in it.

But here are a few. I would think maybe the SD Invader in the bridge and the Dimarzio Neck Blade in the Neck........

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/guitar-replacement-parts?N=100001+304282&Ntk=All&Ntt=7+string+pickups&Nty=1&page=1

and these are just ones to look at. I dont think you can pay with a check on musiciansfriend
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Last edited by TIMshady1stLP at Aug 8, 2007,
Quote by TIMshady1stLP

But here are a few. I would think maybe the SD Invader in the bridge and the Dimarzio Neck Blade in the Neck........

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/guitar-replacement-parts?N=100001+304282&Ntk=All&Ntt=7+string+pickups&Nty=1&page=1

and these are just ones to look at. I dont think you can pay with a check on musiciansfriend

Invaders are the biggest waste of money in the history of guitar. I would rather spend my money on 10 100watt MG half stacks than an Invader.

Dimarzio doesn't make active pickups...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Eh... Active pickups are over rated anyway.

I'd go for a set of Lace Sensor Drop & Gains for the 6 string... I'm not sure for the 7...
Quote by TIMshady1stLP

They aren't active, and they are just o.k. I would rather put something different into them.

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
Quote by frog_friend
...but still maintain definition.

Three words.........Bare Knuckle Pickups.
Quote by Kendall
Three words.........Bare Knuckle Pickups.
Really want them, but I don't think I can order them.

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
I use a Dimarzio Super 3 in my ESP and its super high output and has boosted mids and treble to allow it to remain heavy and still cut through. I love it.