I just ordered one of Ebay for $1099. Never played one but heard they are prety solid. Your thoughts?
My thoughts? Play before you buy. Have you even played an ESP before? Personally, I think they are one of the best brand of guitars out there, but some people hate them. A lot of people think the necks are like baseball bats.

Also, I don't really like the VB/ gold HW. I looooove the amber cherry SB, and the black cherry. To each their own though, and in any case, I think you got a kick ass guitar
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by hollow1928years
Since it was on Ebay let's see it!

Do a search like I did...

Also, you probably need to make sure they are shipping it well, since it seems as though it's not coming with a case/gig bag.
Last edited by CodySG at Aug 8, 2007,
The ESP EC-1000 (guessing from price) is one of the best guitars I ever played. It have a really fast neck and thin body. I'm guessing half the size of a gibson les Paul. You'kll love it.
Quote by CodySG
A lot of people think the necks are like baseball bats.

baseball bats? thats a first. Sure their necks are Ibanez Wizard thin, but they arent baseball bats like gibson's either.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
I played one of the LTD ones in the shop the other day and it's seriously the only LP shaped guitar I would ever consider buying. It was amazing- low action, perfect fretwork, I loved it. I'm sure the tone was decent, never got to plug it in, though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
what i ordered was an ESP eclipse standard, not Ltd. Im used to jackson pro series necks so i was hoping it would have a similar feel.
Yeah, I know- my point was that the LTD was great, the ESP is guaranteed to be better.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Eh...it probably won't feel like the Jackson.

I like ESP necks better...the best IMO.

But not really like Jacksons. Not as wide, or as flat...you'll probably get used to it...and as stated before..either way, you got a kick ass guitar
im actually eyeing this guitar (or at least the ltd one) did you get the one with emg's? (or do they all come with emg's?)
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
One version comes with SD's. At least, one that I know of. ESP's are pretty known for using EMG's, but they have SD's in their guiars as well.
I cant wait to see the pics. I love ESP!
My Gear

ESP/Ltd EC-1000 w/EMG 81/60
ESP/Ltd H-500 w/ JB/59 Duncans
Fender MIM Strat w/ Hot rail in Bridge

Traynor Custom Valve 80watt 4x10
Quote by hckfrk38
The ESP EC-1000 (guessing from price) is one of the best guitars I ever played. It have a really fast neck and thin body. I'm guessing half the size of a gibson les Paul. You'kll love it.

For $1100, you better not be getting an LTD.
Quote by lanzaa
im actually eyeing this guitar (or at least the ltd one) did you get the one with emg's? (or do they all come with emg's?)

yeah it has a 60 neck and 81 bridge, same as my Jackson rr3

my friend has the Ltd version so when mine comes in there will deffnitly be some A/B comparison to be done just for kicks
An ESP eclipse from what I hear is a fine crafted instrument. However, I agree- play before you buy. I ordered an Ibanez LP look alike (ARC) and it is fine, however, if I was thinking (and not trying to beath the holiday back orders) I would've played one in the local shops.

I like the stocks of the Eclipse by the way, striking, memorable- possibly arousing?
When will DiMarzio make active pickups?
ESP Eclipses are fuggin great, I used to own one until I decided to change gear. The gloss version with Seymour Duncans with the contour is freaking sweet, however I owned the EC-1000 Matt black with EMGs. Good purchase, but should try before you buy. 1099 still a large sum of money.

Check out my gear:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646352
More or less, better build quality and better materials.

All together a better instrument.
I have an EC-400, with the 81:60, EMGs.
I love it, my tone is killer with the 81 on.
R.I.P Dimebag
All my local shop carries are the LTD standard series so i couldnt try 1 out
i did play this dudes Esp Viper though and if the eclipse is anything like it I'll be in heaven

I'll post some photos once it gets here......how long does UPS Ground usually take?
GuitarOne reviewed it awhile back. Said it was like a LP, but with only 3/4 the size, not as much of a midrange in it (as in it had more of a bassy sound compared to a super warm LP), had a super fast neck, amazing pickups, and great quality. Pretty much, like an LP goes with a Marshall, an Eclipse goes with a Recto/5150 (if you get the analogy)