The Midrange knob on my amp is four on each side. So the zero is on the top, where 5 would regularly be on a 1-10 knob. It looks like this:

1    1
          2          2
          3          3
              4   4

Somewhat. The zero is supposed to be right in the middle, on top, but I couldn't get it to work. Although that is a pretty terrible rendition of it, it gives you an idea. Can anybody explain what this means, or how it works?
RIP RICHARD DUNN
5, or Zero in the case of your amp would be an 'unmodified' signal. so theoretically if you have all eq knobs set to 'zero' then the eq theoretically isnt doing anything. the numbers away from zero is just a weird way of judging just how much your Mid knob is actually changing your tone. i would personally rather have tone knobs like that.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
^ mmmm .... thats odd . So then if you go into - left hand side from 0 , its taking away the tone more than what the amp would have if eq was doing nothing ? wow now im also confused .
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
^It depends. If the EQ is active, then it will boost when you turn up the knob. If the eq is passive, it cuts the frequencies. Therefore, on a passive eq'd amp, full on would be what the amp sounds like by itself.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Go buy a strat knob and slap it on for a minute. Then you'll have your answer.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
So you're basically saying that if I turn the knob left it's like a negative, and right is like a positive?
RIP RICHARD DUNN