Hey guys, I was just wondering if it's entirely unheard of to slap on the D string? I just like the tone is all.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Nah do what you want. You might not wana slap on the G string tho! lol
Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.
Although having said that...it's normal to slap and pop the octave higher. Unless you have a C string you can't do that. So its best to go up nd play the same note on the A string instead.
Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.
No it's not unheard of. Plus there's no right way, so to speak, to go about slapping. As Parx said normally you would slap the E and A and pop the D and G. But bassists like Wooten slap all of them as seen with his double thump technique. There's nothing wrong with slapping all the strings.
signature
Alright thanks guys. It's not for octaves it just a little that's only on the D string I prefer with a slap tone.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
i slap the high pitched strings all the time... if im playin a double stop progression or something, or if im going speedy, like slappin the open D like... 16th notes while going 9--7--10--7--9 on the G
Quote by Fast_Bear
someone sig that typo!

no

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
My amp is so loud, it has no number system.

It's only rated in decibels of loud and louder.
When doing Slap and pop I Slap almost exculsively, I pop like 1 in 20 notes, I just like the sound of the thumb better.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
When doing Slap and pop I Slap almost exculsively, I pop like 1 in 20 notes, I just like the sound of the thumb better.

as do i, thats why i throw a LOT of dead notes in my slappin in popping lol
Quote by Fast_Bear
someone sig that typo!

no

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
My amp is so loud, it has no number system.

It's only rated in decibels of loud and louder.