I'm thinking about buying a used Marshall JCM 800 1960A lead series 4x12 slant cabinet for $300. I was just wondering what it was new. And if it's worth buying.
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat
*B.C. Rich NJ Series Mocking Bird

*Ibanez PF series acoustic
*Ibanez AE 30
is it a quality cab?

7plagues: what head do you run with it?
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
Yes it's a great cab, and yes it's a great deal! They actually do pop up from time to time for $300 used, but typically I've seen them going for $350-400 depending on condition/age. I eventually want the A and B cab, but I'm in no hurry, so I'm patiently waiting for them to show up for $300 locally.

While the Marshall-haters would disagree, these cabs are considered one of the "gold standard" cabs, and very compatible with most heads.

The other one I like (and what I have right now) is the Line 6 Vetta Cab; these are the same specs, more or less, as the Marshall 1960's, and also very expensive for cabs, but they are voiced to be a little more "neutral", and to not add much tonality to the sound coming out of the head, because they assume you're using it with the modeling Vetta head. I'm using the slant Vetta cab with my Marshall JVM, and it sounds ridiculously good to me, so I'm happy for now.
whats the diff between the a and b cabs?
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
Quote by Flea413
whats the diff between the a and b cabs?

One is slanted, the other is straight...little more than cosmetic differences tbh.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com