Page 2 of 81
i think they're best album is clayman. however, despite the fact that i didn't like the newer cds so much, i really don't mind come clarity at all and i really hope they bring the old stuff back.
Quote by tpkemme
i think they're best album is clayman. however, despite the fact that i didn't like the newer cds so much, i really don't mind come clarity at all and i really hope they bring the old stuff back.

I really doubt that's gonna happen. I remember reading an interview w/ bjorn I think, and he said the band's just going to keep changing or something like that, and they'll most likely never do stuff like from their earlier days, which saddens me
Swim > All.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Yeah In Flames rule,
Im Gonna Try Pick Up Come Clarity This Weekend

I LOVE Reroute To Remain and it's very underrated.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Lunar Strain is by far my favorite, if you dont have it i suggest you get it. Clarity isn't as bad as i expected it to be.
Theres about five songs I like off Come clarity. Dead end, Reflect the storm, the title track, crawl through knives and Vanishing point are all great. But the rest is pants.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Who else agrees that December's Flower solo sounds like it's off a Megaman game? Whenever I listen or play the end of the solo, it reminds me of Megaman X.
Quote by Gyroscope12
The new song, Abnegation or whatever is balls
bah

Well, it's new In Flames, what do you suspect? Something good? =/
Quote by burrit0
Who else agrees that December's Flower solo sounds like it's off a Megaman game? Whenever I listen or play the end of the solo, it reminds me of Megaman X.

Yeah, perhaps. It sure is sweet though. I think the melodic lead during "Goliaths Disarm Their Davids" is ****in awesome too...hell, the entire album is amazing.

I don't really have high expectations for In Flames' next album, but I'm going to buy it anyway. How bad could it be?........****.
Clayman has really grown on me. When i first got it i just didnt like it, but now its up there with whoracle for me.
Yeah I prefer Clayman over Colony. They're both solid and pretty similar in overall sound, but I think Clayman has more high points than Colony: Bullet Ride, Pinball Map, Only For the Weak, Square Nothing, Brush the Dust Away, Suburban Me, and Another Day in Quicksand (Clayman) vs. Embody the Invisible, Ordinary Story, and Zombie Inc. (Colony).
Quote by mephistopheles1
Clayman has really grown on me. When i first got it i just didnt like it, but now its up there with whoracle for me.

Hmm, I'm not too into Clayman either, maybe I should give it another shot.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by zakatak9389
I really doubt that's gonna happen. I remember reading an interview w/ bjorn I think, and he said the band's just going to keep changing or something like that, and they'll most likely never do stuff like from their earlier days, which saddens me

It's like, don't these guys have honest friends who could tell them how much their new stuff sucks compared to the old? I'm definitely not against bands evolving, but they seem to have lost their minds. I just hope that they're changing because they truly want to, not because of $$$.
Yup, found it now. It's not a bad song in itself---similar to what's on Come Clarity.
Haven't heard it yet.

On another note, Megaman X is the sh*t.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Just listened to it, is it me or does Anders' voice sound really weird in the 'I clench you' parts?

Reminded me of Placebo
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
The chorus makes me cringe, and the guitars are pretty shocking
too much like CC, which i cant listen to
Quote by loonyguitarist
Just listened to it, is it me or does Anders' voice sound really weird in the 'I clench you' parts?

Reminded me of Placebo

Yeah, his voice isn't what it used to be. I think that the better he gets at English, the ****tier his voice is becoming. Jester Race thru Clayman = aggressive, powerful, emotional. Reroute to now = weak, clean too often, and when it's harsh he's screeching.
Their one of the bands that really inspire me (mainly from their old stuff). I have to say that their new stuff isn't THAT bad but its nowhere near as good as the old. Hmm... I really don think we'll ever see old In Flames again. The main thing that bugs me is why the **** did Anders change his ****ing vocals? I loved it when he almost growled in the past now it kind of just annoyes me.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Just listened to the new song. It really is sh*te. It sounds like one of the worst songs off CC.

Jesper Stromblad is a pretty versatile guy. Talented guitarist (not liking IF's newer stuff so much, but whatever), played drums as a founding member of Hammerfall, plays in Dimension Zero (good band), bass in Ceremonial Oath, and whatever else he's done.
You haven't heard an epic song until you've seen In Flames live, and they play Colony.

Theres something about how they do that song live that just screams, "Holy ****".

I'd suggest finding some videos on youtube. Look for one in Umea. Or there Used and Abused DVD one. There tone is off the wall. Except for the bass which I don't care for.
Last edited by Colony5150 at Aug 11, 2007,
Epic = "Artifacts of the Black Rain", "Jester Script Transfigured", or "Wayfarer".
Sweden's pride, and one of our biggest musical exports.

They won a Swedish grammy for that, actually, but Anders kinda ruined the moment by being totally shitfaces when accepting the reward. It was so embarrasing I couldn't finnish watching the clip.
the vocal thing bugs me as well, he does the growl sometimes live, like at Rock am Ring in Leeches but yeah... i haven't heard much old stuff only a couple of clips off youtube and December flower, which album?? Jester Race?? whoracle?? colony?? tell me ppl,
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
awesome band...one of the most inspirational bands......but dont like their consert performance that much.....thnx
Quote by wintee_madness
the vocal thing bugs me as well, he does the growl sometimes live, like at Rock am Ring in Leeches but yeah... i haven't heard much old stuff only a couple of clips off youtube and December flower, which album?? Jester Race?? whoracle?? colony?? tell me ppl,

What are you asking? What album December Flower is on?---that would be Jester Race. If you're wondering what older albums to check out, I'd say Jester Race for sure (the best melodeath album I've ever heard), and Whoracle, and Lunar Strain. Colony is good too, and Clayman is better yet.
What album is 'the jester script transfigured' on ?
I'm pretty sure i have all their albums except for lunar strain and whoracle
Last edited by howey at Aug 12, 2007,
^
Ahh thanks for that.
whoracle worth getting ?
The only song I've heard of that album that i'm aware of is Episode 666 which is on the Tokyo Showdown live album.
New dead Eternity is better than Old IMO. dont like Regain records, neither do In Flames. Though I have to admit I own Lunar and Subterranean new versions because of the glory of them. I am thinking of buying the originals someday. Maybe I was wrong about michael stanne writing the lyrics, but someone from his band did anyway. And what happened with the connection with IF and DT? it used to be so cool the way the Götheborg bands cooperated, now they have no connection at all -.-