Page 3 of 81
AND Check out The new World, everytime I hear the solo my hears rise up itso gold, abit like the behind space solo. There are tons of other great IF songs, check them all out.
Quote by howey
^
Ahh thanks for that.
whoracle worth getting ?
The only song I've heard of that album that i'm aware of is Episode 666 which is on the Tokyo Showdown live album.

Definitely get Whoracle. Jotun, Gyroscope, and Worlds Within the Margin are great songs, as is their cover of Everything Counts.
Yeah really fun to first hear the original Everything counts (Depeche mode) then hear in flames's one.
Quote by Flamedmapletop
New dead Eternity is better than Old IMO. dont like Regain records, neither do In Flames. Though I have to admit I own Lunar and Subterranean new versions because of the glory of them. I am thinking of buying the originals someday. Maybe I was wrong about michael stanne writing the lyrics, but someone from his band did anyway. And what happened with the connection with IF and DT? it used to be so cool the way the Götheborg bands cooperated, now they have no connection at all -.-

Yeah I'm partial to the newer "Dead Eternity" over the old, but not by very much. And as far as I know, Stanne wrote the lyrics on Lunar Strain (Subterranean was a different singer though). I could be wrong, but this is what I'm concluding based on the fact that he was the singer at that time.

As far as the connection between the two bands goes, it just seems like they've both gone down different paths. Old In Flames > Dark Tranquillity (by a little bit), and new Dark Tranquillity >>>>>>>> new In Flames, in my book. DT has kept the heaviness and badassness, IF has not.
So, it seems like Clayman isn't that bad at all. I thought it was gonna be cack.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
^To me Clayman sounds like an extension of Colony. And it's better than Colony in my book.
I have actually just got into In Flames, and think they are amazing.

I only have The Jester Race so far, but I plan on getting more In Flames CD's soon
Only real song I've heard is Jotun and that is very good so I think I might check out some other by these guys. I'm not sure if I should be ashamed to admit that I kinda like Come Clarity, but I think I'll get some of the older stuff.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by d. b. cooper
I'm not sure if I should be ashamed to admit that I kinda like Come Clarity, but I think I'll get some of the older stuff.

There is nothing to be ashamed of liking come clarity its a great song. And Clayman is better than colony in my book to. Tough the song colony has got some really cool bass lines.
In Flames is awesome. I like Whoracle. The intro riff in jotun kicks ass, along with alot of others. I'm not quite sure on the newer stuff. The vocals don't sound as good clean to me.
Yeah, "Jotun" was one of those songs I heard when I first started listening to In Flames and it convinced me that they kicked ass. Awesome intro, for sure.
The Jester Race! I love that album ive been meaning to get some more albums but i don't really want to as i feel i might be dissapointed.
Quote by 666_Pounder
The Jester Race! I love that album ive been meaning to get some more albums but i don't really want to as i feel i might be dissapointed.

Nah, if you like The Jester Race then you won't be disappointed with Whoracle, Colony, and Clayman, and you'd probably like Lunar Strain as well (sounds slightly more raw but not in a ****ty way).
Quote by megaderrick
Nah, if you like The Jester Race then you won't be disappointed with Whoracle, Colony, and Clayman, and you'd probably like Lunar Strain as well (sounds slightly more raw but not in a ****ty way).

Sweet thanks, i was gonna check out *****acle ages ago you have spurred me into doing it now
I love the sound of the guitars/the melody at 1:30 in Dialogue with the Stars. Gyroscope might be my favorite song by IF.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Whoracle is a great album of guitar harmonies. The harmonies are so awesome in the song "Jotun" too.
Quote by 666_Pounder

the jester race is the best album, get clayman, lunar strain, whoracle, and colony.
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by liesofautumn
I love the sound of the guitars/the melody at 1:30 in Dialogue with the Stars. Gyroscope might be my favorite song by IF.

Yeah "Dialogue With the Stars" is an awesome instrumental. I'm partial to "Wayfarer" as far as those go though, and "Man Made God" is sweet too.
Quote by megaderrick
^To me Clayman sounds like an extension of Colony. And it's better than Colony in my book.

I figured Colony was the best ( I don't personally own it) but my favorite song is prolly Embody the Invisible, are there others as awesome?
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by nebraskan
I figured Colony was the best ( I don't personally own it) but my favorite song is prolly Embody the Invisible, are there others as awesome?

I do love that song, but on Clayman I'd say "Bullet Ride", "Square Nothing", and "Brush the Dust Away" beat it. As for other albums, all of The Jester Race, most of Whoracle, and most of Lunar Strain beat it, haha.

EDIT: I just noticed that I have over 1/4 of the posts in this thread. I'm pathetic haha.
Last edited by megaderrick at Aug 21, 2007,
Quote by 666_Pounder

Well I think you probably will be if you start with Jester Race, but most people like Whoracle more than I do, but get that cause it's a similar affair, just without that weird production that really strikes with me for some reason.

Colony is my favourite next to Jester Race though.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by dylanmichaelmor
hey guys how is it going

It's going well. In Flames fan, I presume?

Quote by dylanmichaelmor
I'm not sure but somebody said kiss is coming out with a new cd.

Ahh. You shouldn't double-post, it's a big no-no. And this is the In Flames thread, so you may want to talk about Kiss wherever they belong.
Quote by megaderrick
It's going well. In Flames fan, I presume?

Ahh. You shouldn't double-post, it's a big no-no. And this is the In Flames thread, so you may want to talk about Kiss wherever they belong.

ok thanks for the tips, wanna be friends
Quote by schecter_chris
i love all their stuff, but i found it hard to get into reroute to remain. colony is the best!

wanna be friends
Have you guys realized how much alike Acoustic Medley and the new Dead Eternity sounds like each other ?
^ You do know it's called medley for a reason (think Artifacts, Jotun and Dead eternity)
Quote by Ozzy87_2
It's a shame that even In Flames is considered trendy to listen these days. Thus there are these kids showing up at In Flames shows and listening to In Flames just because it's cool to do that and not because of the music their making or playing. Otherwise it wouldn't be bothering me 'cause I am able to listen to them even if they are in fashion (I know people who aren't able to do that and they are as same as the kids who listen to them only to be in style) but I think it has effected even the In Flames themselves. I saw em live this summer at a Finnish festival and the oldest song they played was from Clayman. What I am trying to say here is that they have two crowds that they have to satisfy in their shows: the music fans and the non-music fans. The problem here is that the non-music fans crowd may be bigger than us. Therefore they are pressured to play these new songs (although I like the new In Flames also except RRTR and STYE) like My Sweet Shadow (which was the last song) and leave the good old ones like Behind Space, Artifacts etc. out. And that's what is annoying me because we don't have the opportunity anymore to hear these great songs live. To hear the In Flames at their best.
Enough for that now, let's move to some other subjects. One thing that has always blowed me off me is Anders lyric writing. His lyrics are such brilliant from the old fantasy/mythology inspired to these new lyrics (especially Clayman and Come Clarity). One of the most underrated lyricist of all time.
Few things still: Swim is a f*cking great track (ALMOST no one seems to notice it) and the solo that C.Amott lays down in Suburban Me is sweet. Thats it. See ya.

haha dude, you come out of nowhere and jsut lay down an essay. but you have a good point. I've never been to an in flames show, but that blows, that they don't play stuff from the jester race and stuff. That almost makes me never want to go to one now . Why must they do this to us music fans!
Yeah I don't think I'd go to an In Flames show, even though they're one of my favorite bands of all time. And it's mostly b/c of their tendency to overplay new **** and disregard the stuff that made them idols of melodeath.
**** yeah, we talked about the solo in that song earlier in the thread. = sweet as hell.
but alot of their older songs require 3 guitarists, so I do understand that they can't play alot of the old songs, but they can also play quite abit of them with 2guitarists. I do understand that just after releasing a new record that they need to promote it, but in times like these when there is almost 2years since their newest album, I think they should play atleast 60% of the older stuff and the rest new. cause I am sure that the older fans and the fans that love their older stuff are much bigger fans than the people who only like RTR STYE and Come Clarity who dont even know the names of the people in the band except Anders.
And wouldn't it be so AWESOME with a 9day In Flames festival. Where maybe they could have 3 guitarists and play one Album everyday from Lunar Strain - Come Clarity.