Page 5 of 81
Quote by Tehzekester
Same for me because it's the only album I have by them. =P

Psh. Then you have no room to be "for shaming" anyone!
Spiral Out
i love the song moonshield from the jester race
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
yeah the vocals are a bit hard to hear
I love how it kicks it with the eletric guitar and it's all cool and wow-ish
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
i love in flames, one of my first metal bands. there best album in my opinion was the jester race, i cant go through a day with out listening to it twice.
Quote by zakatak9389
^^ fuk yeah, I love that acoustic intro then the little folk melody, and just everything in that song is awesome, except for the production quality imo

I thought the production on that album was one thing which actually gave it some magic. I dunno why.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
yeah I like the production on it too, gives cool atmosphere

but on the other hand... it could be better
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Nothing wrong with the production on The Jester Race. Subterranean sounds even better. Crystal clear production.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
I don't know. I think Jester Race sounds better than any albums personally. It's really the album that defined In Flames. Everything after became sort of a "bleak copy".

Everything after just sounds like a thinned out version. Except for R2R and STYE, which I think are great. But CC is just horrible.
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Quote by Mongochromat
I don't know. I think Jester Race sounds better than any albums personally. It's really the album that defined In Flames. Everything after became sort of a "bleak copy".

Everything after just sounds like a thinned out version. Except for R2R and STYE, which I think are great. But CC is just horrible.

Jester Race is good but you can't ignore the later albums. For example Clayman was great packed with brilliant tracks like Pinball Map, Only For The Weak, Clayman, Brush The Dust Away, Swim and Suburban Me.
Yeah I think the Jester Race was more "brutal" or heavy perhaps, but Clayman really got the melodic part down.

It's kind of a tie between those two albums for me.
Quote by Ozzy87_2
Jester Race is good but you can't ignore the later albums. For example Clayman was great packed with brilliant tracks like Pinball Map, Only For The Weak, Clayman, Brush The Dust Away, Swim and Suburban Me.

I don't either. I've been a long-time fan of the band. I don't think Whoracle, Colony or Clayman are bad at all. I'm just saying that Sub, Jester Race, R2R and STYE are the only ones I still like to this day to the point where I can actually listen to them once in a while.
I love In Flames, Clayman is their best effort IMO.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Does nobody here like Lunar Strain or Whoracle? It feels like they're the black sheep of their career or something because nobody mentions them here.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6
Does nobody here like Lunar Strain or Whoracle? It feels like they're the black sheep of their career or something because nobody mentions them here.

i diss like lunar strain, but whoracle is a good album , love the hive and episode 666
Quote by Reject_666_6

I like Lunar Strain alot. I could never really get into Whoracle, it justs seems kind of meh.

Dreamscape's probably one of my favourite In Flames songs, the intro is kind of my go to riff. If I'm trying out a guitar that'll probably be the first thing I play.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
i love 'em. come clarity, colony and whoracle, imo are the best albums. im going to see them in gigantour =)
^That's pretty awesome dude. Come Clarity isn't so good except for a couple songs imo......but Colony, Whoracle, The Jester Race, and Clayman are all amazing.
Quote by burrit0
Who else agrees that December's Flower solo sounds like it's off a Megaman game? Whenever I listen or play the end of the solo, it reminds me of Megaman X.

I always thought that Artifacts Of The Black Rain sounded like it was from a Megaman Battle Network game.
im not mush of an in flames fan
but i like the gothenburg sound
melo death that kind of stuff
there is 1 song i like ...evil in the closet
Can anyone recommend a good album to start on with In Flames? I've just got into them but I can only afford one album at the moment...I'm skint.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
The Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritance is probably a good one to start with. It's really melodic and catchy, and has some of their best work. After that check out Colony, Whoracle, and Clayman.
Quote by alliwant
Can anyone recommend a good album to start on with In Flames? I've just got into them but I can only afford one album at the moment...I'm skint.

Lunar Strain is my favorite, but the jester race is their best work.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Quote by kinzoku
Lunar Strain is my favorite, but the jester race is their best work.

I disagree tenfold, their oldest stuff is overrated. Colony then Clayman, then dive back IMO
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
So... Is anybody going to see them in Gigantour this year? I got tickets for Montreal already.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
They best melodeath band! And one of the best metal bands period, imo.
personally while i like looking at tabs of Lunar Strain era songs the songs kinda bore me a bit, 'cept say Behind Space/Clad In Shadows

otherwise I concurr the Jester Race along with Whoracle is their best work... I think the riffing kinda weakened in the other albums =s... personally I thought the vocal work on The Jester Race was catchy as hell I find it inevitable to sing along to songs such as Lord Hypnos and Artifacts of the Black Rain >.>"... and the "Breakdown" on Dead God In Me is just fawking godly... however I dont think TJR is as amazing as alot of people... think... anywayyy those are my two cents :P
i used to have TJR/Black ash... but then i uh... traded it back in the store to get ATG's WFIKTBD... >_>... then later on I got Whoracle... lol which I still have...
2007 haha do you just wanna take this profile comments or something people dont bitch "zomg lul outtatupic wut! lolwutanub" anyway uh... ffs I think my acoustic's tuned to C... I have no idea lol... so like, playing in flames -> fun XD

dont think they're coming out with a new one soon enough I guess, but yeah it was an enjoyable album -descent- its like... wintersun done right? lololol :P