+1
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
That's why I don't listen to the radio. I'd rather listen to my cds
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
+2

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by Zakkmann
+1

+1
i think it sucks and is played way to much. 10 times in 20 mins is to much
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Lets_Get_Rockin
extremely overrated, oh well at least it dying now

i work at a radio station that plays this song, and if u think it is annoying, try having to dj that song and have millions of girls call in requests for it even right after it was just played...

Lets_GetO=_Rockin: YOU STOLE MY AVATAR!! U LITTLE p!TcH
Quote by Yagushgi
It should be legal to kill each other. That'd put an end to debates and forums like this AND help with population control.
Quote by Vincent745
stfu you stupid ass cracker. go eat some chocolate ass cream.

Quote by RockGuitar92
Its only gonna be around until a more sappier acoustic number song by a no name band comes along
It's not that bad a song, but those retarded trendy trendoid douchebags decided to ruin it for me by wearing out the song's welcome on the radio.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
For the record, myself and my friend were sitting in a school hallway changing/mocking the lyrics last september. I was irritated by it then and even more so now. I want to punch that little moppy-haired snaggletooth singer every time it plays practically eight times an hour.
Member of the Invisible Children club
Learn More
Member of the "I love METRIC" fan club. PM if Metric loves you.
Meh it's a pretty good song.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

It was good until they re-released it and overplayed it.
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
I thought it was a great song the first 15 times i heard it.
Now im like wow please stop playing it...
I was switching between mtv, mtv2 and vh1 watching videos the other morning and it was on ALL 3 at once!
I turned off the tv and walked away.
If you think it is overplayed, then change the radio station when its on, then you won't hear it
Quote by EugeneS
If you think it is overplayed, then change the radio station when its on, then you won't hear it

once it was on 2 stations at once...and i liked this song until the 100th time id hear it
My Gear:
Vox AD15VT
Line 6 Spider ll 112
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Temptest
Quote by oriolesazb
mine is probably that totaly awsomely hard solo in wake me up when september ends, evry time i hear that solo i drool.
I like the song. But the radio version has violins in it, which makes it worse.
Never heard it....
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I didn't mind it at first but then it got overplayed and it annoys me.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
Hey Delilah... Go F**K yourself

The Song Sucks
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

Why are you listening to crappy pop radio anyway?
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
This might turn into the revival of the power ballad...
I'm sick of this song....

EDIT: I said that weird, that song is NOT a power ballad...I just think every Emo band is gonna come out with an acoustic single now, and they'll all get very popular...like the power ballad in the eighties...
Last edited by WhereArtEsteban at Aug 15, 2007,
Yes. Lots of stuff is, Fallout Boy's Thanks for the Memories is played too often where I live. It's on all the time, I walk in where our radio is and I hear "Thanks for the Memories , even if they weren't so great...." so I walk away, turn on a Music channel and there it is again. Annoying.
Quote by Zakkmann

that's a weird species. much weirder than, say, the Platypus or the Emo. i wonder what would happen if you cross bred an emo and a platypus. you'd get an emopus or a platyemo.... FFS! that still wouldn't out weird the female species
overrated? no. overplayed? yes. its really a good song and i enjoy playing it myself, but i guess its overplayed now.... i started liking it when it first came out and i thought nobody knew what it was. i dont really keep up with the radio or mtv or anything, but i saw the music video a few months later and i was like wtf.... and then i guess they started playing it all the time on the radio
I despise that song. The fact that the band basically just wrote a bunch of sappy lyrics and started playing a few notes on an acoustic guitar that anyone could play with only a couple of month's experience and still managed to get a hit song out of the deal makes me worry about the future of music.
Quote by Jearl
the blues dont care where youre from. theyll find you no matter what.

Bodhisattva of Zeppelinism

PM TheHeartbreaker to join.
Yep, its a ridiculously simple song. The singer is really bad. He can't sing that type of song with a level of emotion that might compare to other people. Its so simple on guitar. Easy chords and doesn't do much to make them interesting. Its a catchy song though but thats about all you can say about it.
Yep over rated most definetly i mean our station plays it 20000000000000 billion times a day.
....................... .................. ................
only heard it twice, so it is not overplayed. for me, it's not that bad a song, probably because i haven't it alot of times.
I've only heard it once, so I'm guessing it's not as big in England. So no, as far as I'm aware it's not getting overplayed where I am.
« »
Page 1 of 2