Hi, so I think I know what guitar I'll take now. Probably the Jackson KE3 Kelly
And now the final thing to choose, the amp. I've got 300-400 euro I'm willing to spend on that so fire away :p I don't know a lot of them, we play with a line 6 in our class so I looked that one up and saw the Spider III 150watt, any good?

I'm gonna play hardrock and a bit of metal on it. (bands I listen to: Breaking Benjamin, Bullet For My Valentine, Good Charlotte, Anberlin, System of a Down, Papa Roach, the killers, Machinae Supremacy, ...)

Thanks in advance!!!
roland cube 30 for home use roland cube 60 for band practice and small gigs
OR
Vox AD50VT XL (make sure you look at XL and not the normal ones)

also you could look at a peavey valveking but you would need an EQ pedal to tweak it just right perhaps

also look at a laney VC30
i can't stress enough how much you should stay away from line6 spider amps and also avoid marshall MG and AVT
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Spend more money on the amp than the guitar please. You're going to regret it if you don't.

And +1 to everything Storm_Bringer said
A 300-400 euro amp gotta be at least decent right? I'm gonna jump from the startersguitar amp thingy (jumpstart I think it's called?) from my ibanez to this one. Sure I'll regret it? :s

Beg my pardon NightmareXT but your amp isn't all that high end is it and you've got an RR3, can you explain me that?
Quote by Chimeray
A 300-400 euro amp gotta be at least decent right? I'm gonna jump from the startersguitar amp thingy (jumpstart I think it's called?) from my ibanez to this one. Sure I'll regret it? :s

Beg my pardon NightmareXT but your amp isn't all that high end is it and you've got an RR3, can you explain me that?

1. absolutly not, the spider, mg and avt are a disgrace for their price range

2. he made a similar mistake as you will?you're free to spend money in whatever ratio you wish, you'll always want to upgrade one or the other anyway. the spider 3 wouldn't be a step-up, the rest would
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Ah someone from Belgium. Wel I play with an Ibanez on a VOX AD100VT and I really love it, but I wouldn't recommend it for metal. You can get a metal sound out of it but I could be much better. But VOX now released these Valvetronix XL series like Storm_Bringer recommends, It's a tube amp if i'm not mistaken and better for metal so maybe you could go with that. I live also in Belgium so I know the prices around here and yes for 300-400 euro you won't get a super amp I think. I have a LINE6 II 30 Watt amp and I only use at my room or If I want to practice a bit. Ow and you don't really need 150 watt , with 100 or even less it will do just fine.
Gear:
Ibanez SA220
Epiphone Firebird V
Fender Stratocaster USA 1979
VOX AD100VT
Last edited by Zenoir at Aug 8, 2007,
Ok people thanks Don't be mistaken though, I took that guitar because I like the design and stuff, and I've heard it's quite good (I didn't go like: oh love the shape, I'll take it. I took a look at the gibson explorer and such as well.) So I mostly want Rock and Hardrock, tiny bit metal like System of a Down, not familiar with genres actually, that one is metal right?

So the prices and the changes and quality that go with them are the same for guitars and amps? Like 300 euro guitar=> crap; 300 euro amp=> crap ; 700 euro guitar: decent => 700 euro amp=> decent. Well if it's like that then I might just take the guitar only and see if I'll come around enough money to buy a decent amp (somewhere around my birthday and christmas, still far away though )cos I want to stick with this mid range stuff for some years I always thought amps were cheaper than guitars because well as everyone who knows nothing about it thinks... you look at the guitar and think that's the main technology for playing the guitar, everything that accompagnies it, has gotta be cheaper. Well that's how I thought it was...
Quote by Chimeray

I got the RR3 knowing that I was going to upgrade the amp as soon as possible. The VOX is an awesome amp for the price range, but my taste in music took a huge turn after I bought it, so I'm not as happy with it now as I was then. It may seem like a bad move to you, but I guarantee it's a much better move than buying a terrible MG or Spider III amp for the same price.
laney lv300
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by NightmareXT
I got the RR3 knowing that I was going to upgrade the amp as soon as possible. The VOX is an awesome amp for the price range, but my taste in music took a huge turn after I bought it, so I'm not as happy with it now as I was then. It may seem like a bad move to you, but I guarantee it's a much better move than buying a terrible MG or Spider III amp for the same price.

Thanks for the advice. So from what price onwards is an amp decent? Just a price range, don't think I can afford the guitar AND an amp now :p Just so I know about how much I got to save :p
Well the VOX amps are in the $250-$400 price range for the 30-50 watt models, and it just kind of goes up from there. Randall makes some great SS and tube amps in the same range as the VOX, but the better ones start to show up around the $600 area. The B-52 amps are in the $600 and up range too, and they also make good, cheap tube amps.

The good/great tube amps start to show up around the $1200-1500 mark, but you can look around on ebay/craigslist and find some used ones that are really cheap. Just look around, try to make deals that are advantageous to you, and buy the amp that you want.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473149
all about tube amps

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149114
tons of infos on amps in general

in short solid state (the one you refer to as normal) uses more modern technology but some people feel that it sounds much more bland and digital in most cases. vacuum tubes are old technology but considered to sound much better
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Thanks a lot people! I really appreciate it, I think I'll take a look at that big amp threat and see what I can dig up