I was looking for some very easy songs to just strum and sing to... I can't play very complex things and sing at the same time... but I'd like to learn. On top of it, I'm going to the shore for a week and I'd like to play a little there.

So far the only songs I can play and sing are the First Day of my Life by Bright Eyes, Everything Changes and Outside by Staind. Even those three are a little shaky.

Any reccomendations are welcome.
The White Stripes "I Think I Smell a Rat" real easy song
A Rockstar's life: Sex,Drugs and Rock 'N Roll. A Musician's Life: Hard Work,Determined and Loving What You Do. I Am, A Musician.
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison (G, C, G, D)
Bad Mood Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival (D, D, A, G, D)
Midnight Special - Creedence Clearwater Revival (D, G, D, A, D, or just blues in D)
Tequila Sunrise - The Eagles (G, G/C, G, G/C, G, D, Am, D7, G)

Simple songs most people know...songs you can get random strangers to approach you and start conversation and singing.

Its how I find chicks, hah, I'm 17 and my taste in music is very odd for my age group. If a woman comes up to me and says "I love that song!" to a less-popular CCR tune, she's a keeper =D
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
thank you fellows, and thank you slinky blues... but i need not chicks ^_^ I'll still play your suggestions though
Quote by fenderbassist12
hey joe -hendrix

+2 points FenderBassist12 =)
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
look for a book of traditional songs. They will be familiar and most of them are pretty easy to sing and play.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Daughters - John Mayer
St Patricks Day - John Mayer
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Hurt - Johnny Cash - I beleive its (C - D - and Am)
What an awesome song out of nothing
Death Cab for Cutie - Crooked Teeth
and possibly the absolute easiest ever, Nirvana - Molly's Lips
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by 83lespaulstudio
Good Riddence- Greenday(hope you had the time of your life)
Hate Me- Blue October
On Fire- Switchfoot
easy crowd pleasers. especially women.

do u have a tab for the greenday song? i used to listen to that song alot but now i cant find a decent tab for it.