Fender Blues delux-my new teacher has one(the reissue) and my strat sounded just soooo amazing on it.
anyway, we jammed together and played for a while after the lesson.
when i got home, and plugged into my ibanez tone blaster 25 watt amp, i almost cried
it sounded so lacking to me after i had playd that blues deluxe, and i was like, totaly bummed out.(i will be getting the fender blues junior in a few months, hope it will sound close to the deluxe)

has anything like that ever happened to you?playing an incredible tube amp and than having to come back to an amp that could not compete with the other?and having to stick with it because you still need money for a new amp?

i know i probably sound like a spoiled rich kid brat(im no rich kid....), but youl understand if you were ever in this situation

sincerely, totaly bummed out dude....
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Same thing happend to me. My 5150 was great and the tone was amazing... Then I went to Guitar Center and tried a Mesa F-30...now I can't live without a new amp haha.

Must...sell...5150...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I know MetalMilitia212(or whatever the number is, I call him Andrew) complains about that after leaving my house. I have tubes, and he has a cube. But for the most part, I never experience that, because I have tubes, and not too many of my friends say anything about it...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I think it has happened to almost everyone who lives in the solid state era of guitar amps. I was lucky (if you call being old lucky to start out playing when all amps were tubes. I still fell for the crap that solid state was more reliable, don't have to replace tubes, blah, blah, blah, and went out and bought a ss amp in the 80's. I got rid of my tube stack thinking I was doing the right thing. Went over to a buddy's and played his Fender tube amp. I wanted to cry and scream. Needless to say at the first opportunity I got back with tubes. Even in this I was kind of lucky cause the ss amp I bought was a Peavey Backstage Plus. I still have it and its the next best thing to tubes for practice. Love my tube amps though.
Well hopefully by then they will have actually figured out how to sound like tubes. It is much more difficult and expensive that you would think to accomplish this. Technology does advance at an exponential rate, but its another story if they will be affordable in the next 20 years or no even if they perfect the tech. I think people will look back on today's solid states and laugh.
Quote by uldhppi
Well hopefully by then they will have actually figured out how to sound like tubes. It is much more difficult and expensive that you would think to accomplish this. Technology does advance at an exponential rate, but its another story if they will be affordable in the next 20 years or no even if they perfect the tech. I think people will look back on today's solid states and laugh.

I'm seriously dubious as to wether they will ever fully emulate the sound of valves...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
About as likely as perfecting AI to be indistinguisable from human intelligence.