I was just curious, as for people who like grunge or grunge-like music (STP, for example) are there any bands that curiously stick out as far as your tastes? It's just that, most of my life, I was not much of a grunge fan, but recently I have become a big fan of a number of bands with that kind of music, including Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog, Alice in Chains, The Pixies, and Stone Temple Pilots.

Yet, I have always disliked Nirvana, and in spite of this big leaning of my tastes towards grunge...well...I still don't like them at all. Does anyone have something similar? I just thought it was a bit curious for me to be listening to way more of this stuff than I could ever have imagined, eyt still hate probably the most well-known group out of the bunch.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Other than that, they do no harm. Unless you play a seriously crappy game, you know, like Glover. He was a ****ing glove. Seriously.
I love all of those bands except for Nirvana too...i dont know why, I used to love them
And the pixies arent that great in my opinion

you should hear mother love bone
MOTHER LOVE BONE IS AWESOME! And yeah, I like Nirvana, but I used to be a HUGE fan, now not so much. I can't explain that either. Perhaps its just like everyone knows them and the novelty kinda wore off or something, as for you not liking a band like that, I can also relate because I like punk (Blag Flag, The Misfits, Dead Kennedys etc.) but I hate the Sex Pistols, don't know why, but I never liked them.
Quote by FreewayJam
I was just curious, as for people who like grunge or grunge-like music (STP, for example) are there any bands that curiously stick out as far as your tastes? It's just that, most of my life, I was not much of a grunge fan, but recently I have become a big fan of a number of bands with that kind of music, including Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog, Alice in Chains, The Pixies, and Stone Temple Pilots.

Yet, I have always disliked Nirvana, and in spite of this big leaning of my tastes towards grunge...well...I still don't like them at all. Does anyone have something similar? I just thought it was a bit curious for me to be listening to way more of this stuff than I could ever have imagined, eyt still hate probably the most well-known group out of the bunch.

Yes, I would have to agree. I think Nirvana are an alright band but they are way overrated. Pearl Jam and Soundgarden are probably the two best bands from that time. Is it true that if it wasnt for Nirvana then PJ's album Ten wouldnt have been as successful as it was? Coz Ten was released before Nevermind am I right? And it only sold **** loads after Nevermind became successful? I dont get it. I dont see whats so good about Nirvana, really.
There be a massive Grunge thread floating around already

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...