hehe, poor Epiphone... Well, you'll need to get at least that pot replaced. Seeing as its an Epiphone, I'd replace all of the electronics anyway. Make sure to get a solid set of audio taper pots. Take it to a local guitar tech if you're not comfortable soldering. I recommend soldering it yourself. You can't really screw it up if you pay some attention to what you're doing, and it's a good skill to learn.
Agile AL-3100 (highly recommended)
SX SST57 strat copy
OE30 Hollowbody
SX fretless bass
Epiphone PR-200 acoustic
Yamaha G-40 classical
Epiphone Valve Junior head
1x12 custom cab
4x12 Behringer Half-stack

My Solo Stuff

My Band

it will seem like the volume knob is doing nothing if you have high gain distortion.. if you are on cleans though i don't know what to suggest.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by weirdjohn87
hehe, poor Epiphone... Well, you'll need to get at least that pot replaced. Seeing as its an Epiphone, I'd replace all of the electronics anyway. Make sure to get a solid set of audio taper pots. Take it to a local guitar tech if you're not comfortable soldering. I recommend soldering it yourself. You can't really screw it up if you pay some attention to what you're doing, and it's a good skill to learn.

Dude Im a noob, I have NO idea wat a pot is. And I've never modded a guitar b4 except for raising/lowering action....Which doesnt count lol...

So I should most definitely take it to someone else
get a new pot they arnt expencive just go to guitar center and explain your problem at accesories
my gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
Line 6 spider 2: 212 combo 120 watt =\
Line 6 guitar port
EVH frankenstein painted Explorer
Quote by Jonjy2
Dude Im a noob, I have NO idea wat a pot is. And I've never modded a guitar b4 except for raising/lowering action....Which doesnt count lol...

So I should most definitely take it to someone else

the pot is the electronic component thats wired into the circuit that the knob is attached to, the knob is just there to make it easier to turn.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
change the pot and that should solve your problem....remove the pot...go to store buy a new one for your guitar bring it home solder up the wires the same way they were before and screw the new one in
Pot is short for potentiometer.

Google it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Jonjy2
Hey my volume knob isnt working on my Epi Les Paul...

It will turn all the volume off if it is at 0. And for levels 1-10 it will never change volume. Is there a way to get this fixed? I wanna be able 2 try volume swells and stuff thx

That's what you get when you buy an epi.
R.I.P Dimebag