Alright, here's the deal. I'm playing a Squier STRAT, and its sound isnt as good as some of the other cheaper guitars out there. I just started taking lessons about a month ago, and i was wondering. Should I get a new guitar, or a new amp. The amp i am currently playing is a 15W fender amp. This is the thing I bought http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Stop-Dreaming-Start-Playing-Affinity-Strat-HSS-Pack-With-Fender-Frontman-15G-Amp?sku=513288

I really don't know a good next-step-up amp that is from $200-$320

However, my guitar isnt the greatest and I was thinking about this guitar as my next step up http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=518341
Either that or this nice Ibanez http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785

Anway, I was wondering if you could give me some suggestions on what amp to get considering the horrible feed back I get when i'm playing with my distortion.

Thanks and Rock On
You might want to consider shielding your guitar; that should help control some of the noise.

Both of those guitars are pretty "eh"; you can get the "Les Paul" tone for that price from a much better guitar than the Epi, and the Ibanez has crappy pickups and a crappy trem.

Save up for a decent amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
get an amp before a new guitar
seriously always amp first, look at laney tube amps, or any tube amps n your price range, what styles do you play?
You're willing to spend more on a guitar than amp?

Amp > guitar always.

Spend $450 or so and get a nice little tube combo. Or I guess for your price you have listed check out the Vox line and the Roland Cubes.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
don't go with the strat pack. the ibanez is a great guitar, BUT it has a floyd rose tremolo, which is a real bitch to restring if you're not used to it, whereas the les paul you can restring in 10 minutes or less.

i'd personally go with the ibanez, but just beware about using the floyd rose.

but... go with an amp before a guitar. an amp will provide more of your tone than your guitar will.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Anyone have any links to musicians friend for some good amps, i really don't know what im doing xD
go up to a music store and try them out.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 8, 2007,