I was looking at the Ibanez RG4EXQM1 and wanted to know what you guys think.

The plan is to go into guitar center and if I like it, then I would get a Seymour Duncan JB humbucker put in the bridge, and there you go. Around 550 U.S. dollars. I've heard some bad things about its LFR. What do you guys think? Would I be better off with something else like a Jackson Soloist?
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
That is a nice ibanez, dont forget the jackson soloist has different pick up configurations ?

If that ibanez comes with a edge pro III it sucks apparently, so stay clear.
Last edited by DieKrupps at Aug 8, 2007,
you'd be better off with the soloist if you had more money. as long as you don't completely abuse the edge III it stays in tune pretty well. your plan sounds good
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Its an LFR not an edge III
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Metalocalypse54

the edge III is a type of lfr
Gear:
Jackson Js30 Warrior
Roland Cube 60
Esp ltd M-1000
well now I feel like an idiot.
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Metalocalypse54

oh...well it looks exactly like the edge III.
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
I didn't realize an Edge III was an LFR, and I have seen Edge IIIs trashed on this forum alot, so now I'm not so sure.
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Metalocalypse54
I didn't realize an Edge III was an LFR, and I have seen Edge IIIs trashed on this forum alot, so now I'm not so sure.

a Lisensed Floy Rose tremolo is a patented design of the "Official" floyd rose design, who i think was designed by "floyd rose" but i dont know that much.

so its just a copy of it, using different materials and also design modifications.
Quote by ItsThatDude
you'd be better off with the soloist if you had more money. as long as you don't completely abuse the edge III it stays in tune pretty well. your plan sounds good

the whole point of having a floyd though is so you can abuse it...

i'd get the soloist (sl3 with OFR, right?), or maybe a washburn x40 pro or ibanez s470.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its a used SL-3. It has a LFR, but the Jackson LFRs are supposed to be decent. I can get it for $750, but its orange. Amber sunburst to be exact.
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Metalocalypse54
Its a used SL-3. It has a LFR, but the Jackson LFRs are supposed to be decent. I can get it for $750, but its orange. Amber sunburst to be exact.

ah, from what i hear, those are a direct swap for an OFR, but you're talking an extra $180 for that... that's you at near $1000...

an ibanez rg1570 is $750, i believe, might be worth a look too...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?