Alrighty, so I'm looking at getting a new guitar since I've been playing the same Stratocaster rip off for about 2.5 years. I went to my music shop, and they had two guitars that really stood out to me. The first was a really nice black Fender Telecaster. The other was an Ibanez RGR320EX. Since they both felt and played so good, I'm really stuck on choosing. I mostly play metal, ska, punk, blues, rock, and funk. Which would you guys go with, and depending on which one, why do you choose that guitar? Thanks.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
ide get teh RG anyday. but tahts just me. if u play with more distortion get the RG. if u like a light crunch then get the tele. the RG has an awsome finish...but teh bridge is crap. ide recomend an RG1570 if ur willing to spend the cash. its alot more versitile than the RGR320EX
i would take the RG cause it fits better in most rock styles than the telecaster
at least i see things like that
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
ibanez's dont suck, theyre awesome guitars. but based on what you play, because i like telecasters and because im a total jackass, id go for the telecaster.
What's your price range and what amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Telecaster...i love mine to death though they're not quite good for really high gain. I know someone mentioned an SG, and i back them up.

i think an SG would suit you much better.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by FacingUsAll
What's your price range and what amp do you have?

Price range doesn't matter cuz they're both around $600 which I can deal with. I'm using a Johnson Reptone 30R (here's the site if you don't know that company http://www.johnsongtr.com/RepTone-30.131.0.html). I also use a Zoom G2.1u multi-effect pedal.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
It depends what kind, but I'd go with the Tele because you play funk and blues. It would also be better for playing ska and punk too IMO. Although it's not the greatest for metal, it's not like you can't play metal with a tele..
I'd probably suggest buying a new amp, but you could always go this route:

Get 2 guitars

Agile AL2500 Tribal Green EMG - Real EMGs for your metal.

Agile TC630 - I'd actually suggest getting the semi-hollow TC730 just because I like thinline teles better, but this is a pretty damn good guitar for the price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
idk about the ibanez, but i just got thru testing a tele, it is extremely versatile, i love them, and i think it would be perfect for the genres you'll be playing. great tone, great everything. awesome feeling guitar. try them both out man. im picking a tele because of all the reasons i listed b4 plus the fact fact that the design has not changed too incredibly much since it was first created over 50 years ago, and that to me says that they got it right
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by FacingUsAll
I'd probably suggest buying a new amp, but you could always go this route:

Get 2 guitars

Agile AL2500 Tribal Green EMG - Real EMGs for your metal.

Agile TC630 - I'd actually suggest getting the semi-hollow TC730 just because I like thinline teles better, but this is a pretty damn good guitar for the price.

That is truly the best idea in this thread.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: