ok, several months ago i decided to build a high quality guitar cheap using ebay (under $800) over a period i managed to get a body, neck, EMG 81/60, Floyd Rose Original(holy **** those are hard to find), all the electronics, paint and so forth. My Dad had given me permission to build it but told me to wait until the beginning of summer vacation(07). I said that it would take a long time to get all the parts i need on ebay and various stores so i started collecting parts now and managed to stay under the $800 limit and score awesome parts for cheap. Now, my dad recently told me that I won't be able to build the guitar until the basement's cleaned up(it's a ****ing mess down there) I was a bit ticked since, well I basically had waited a year to build this ****ing(more like assemble/route) awesome guitar and now with two months off i can't build it(can't clean up the basement without my dad's help and he has a million things to do) The next time i'll have the chance is during christmas break with is a long time away.

Now i've dealt with this and despite what u think i'm not ranting(holy ****, this thread actually has a point) my problem is that my Jackson SL3 2005 soloist has had both

a) tuning stability problems due to the licensed floyd rose
b) buzzing problems to to a crappy floyd licensed nut with has worn out.

the only way to fix both(nut problem is much more annoying on cleans, A, and G string both buzz when nut is locked, distortion kinda cover it up) is to replace the crap floyd in the SL3 with the Original one with costs $200 and is hard to find but then i won't have an original floyd for my other one, so that sucks. Thing is the jackson has awesome tone and the OFR would make is alot better still. and i won't be building my custom till potentially christmas. so the question is

should i replace the **** floyd with the OFR in the jackson

or suck it up and wait for christmas(no garantee that it i will be able to build it)

getting my hands on another floyd is simply not going to happen for a long time so this is a crucial choice. Note that the buzzing is hardly noticeable on overdrive.

What should I do UG
No way for you to get a friend to help you clean the basement up?

I mean, if you are that fond of the SL3, just replace the LFR with your OFR, and when/if you build the guitar, use the LFR and block it until can get hold of a decent trem. And replace the locking nut which is considerably cheap.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
i would think what it basically comes down to is this ( this is only if you will NOT buy another OFL ):

which do you like the idea of more? A) the jackson with the OFR or B) your own personal project guitar with the OFR? personally i think you'll get more of a kick out of putting it in your "very own creation", as it is much more gratifying to create something yourself and actually have it turn out nicely. however, if you think it would be more worth your while to just stick it in your jackson, then i would do what jmag says and block up the LFR in your project axe until you can get your hands on a decent trem system.

personally i would just suck it up and start looking for another OFR, but that's just me. good luck!

Put the OFR on the Jackson, try to track down a new OFR for the project guitar. Maybe instead of blocking up the LFR on the project, reinstall the LFR on the Jackson and put the OFR on the project?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Aug 8, 2007,
Quote by lumberjack
i would think what it basically comes down to is this ( this is only if you will NOT buy another OFL ):

which do you like the idea of more? A) the jackson with the OFR or B) your own personal project guitar with the OFR? personally i think you'll get more of a kick out of putting it in your "very own creation", as it is much more gratifying to create something yourself and actually have it turn out nicely. however, if you think it would be more worth your while to just stick it in your jackson, then i would do what jmag says and block up the LFR in your project axe until you can get your hands on a decent trem system.

personally i would just suck it up and start looking for another OFR, but that's just me. good luck!

i agree with him dude, i would rly love the project i made to hav the coolest parts, but thats just me, i would block that sucker and wait till u can find another OFR, dont skimp out on parts just because it might take a bit to get them
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional