Poll: "Songs that are not in english shouldn't be played on the Radio in America"
Poll Options
View poll results: "Songs that are not in english shouldn't be played on the Radio in America"
I agree
2 4%
I disagree
45 96%
I'm not sure
0 0%
Voters: 47.
My friend stated "Songs that are not in english shouldn't be played on the Radio in America".

I highly disagreed, considering that people in America enjoy music of languages they don't speak. Anyways I heard that about a year ago, and I really don't talk to him anymore because he got annoying (He believed in Young earth creationism, and only wanted to talk about controversial topics).
Well people in other countries listen to music predominantely in English, so I don't see why we (or you, seeing as I'm not from America) shouldn't return the favour and give some foreign bands a try.
Ibanez Prestige FTW

Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd like to award Kellycaster a box of cookies.
surely you could just listen to the melody of the vocals.

not to mention that a large proportion of americans speak/can speak another language.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Hmm. Putting a block on all diverse language music in America is just pathetic mainstream-ism. I disagree; however it's not heard very often, only regularly in bands like Rammstein.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
I don't see why not.

In non English speaking countries there are numerous English songs on their radio.

We should do the same for them.

Variety.
****ing stupid thing to say. i don't like your friend
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
To put it bluntly, your friend fails at life.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Paul Lambeth
Hmm. Putting a block on all diverse language music in America is just pathetic mainstream-ism. I disagree; however it's not heard very often, only regularly in bands like Rammstein.

And to add on, Santana's music is probably the most played non-english music on the radio in America.
Its stupid.

Was this thread really necessary?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by The Leader
To put it bluntly, your friend fails at life.

LAWL PHAIL.

but it's true. I listen to music of many cultures regardless of whether or not I can understand it. Also, music which can convey emotion without words (or the understanding of) is beautiful.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
hell, my friends ipod is loaded with dutch techno music... he doesnt care what language its in, as long as its got a good beat. plus, teh dutch are awesome.
I really don't care what language the song is in. If I like the sound of it I'm fine. Unless it's in french, french does not do well with metal.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Gogol Bordello!
Ibanez Prestige FTW

Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd like to award Kellycaster a box of cookies.