Ok, so i'm planning on replacing the stock pickups in my ibanez,

The configuration is H-S-H and i'm looking for something with a lot of treble and bass, but not much middle, I don't want to get active pickups.

I was thinking some sort of Seymour Duncan pickups?

Suggestions?

Thanks.
bareknucklepickups.co.uk look them up, speak to tim, cant go wrong. dont have a humbucker guitar so cant reccomend a specific one but tim will without a doubt.

good luck!
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Do you want high output or vintage?

The lower the pickups output the more high end and low end you will get which means scooped mids. Unfortunatly, not all types of music can be played with low output pickups.

If you can go with low output pickups get yourself a good set of PAF's. If they are handwound that will increase frequency responce and give you better high end, but the PAF really is a very open sounding pickup even when it's machine wound. Seymour Duncan makes a good PAF.

If you are going low output then you will want something with formvar wire that is wound to 50's specs. Formvar gives you scooped mids clear highs and smooth lows.

If you want High output and are serious about nice highs and lows then you want neobuckers. How hot you want it depends on the music you want to play, but the neodymium magnets give you a really bright high end, a tight low end, and scooped mids. I am the only one I know of that is making neobuckers at the moment.

For the middle pickup that will match up with you high output pickups, go with a 60's specs Formvar pickup. Seymour duncan makes one of these that he calls the californian. It's wound to about 6.5K but it's kind of expensive. Ducan charges almost as much for his machine wound formvar pickup as most hand winder charge for theirs. Just about all the hand winders can wind you a 6.5K fromvar strat pickup.

a high output neck the best thing I can think of is the seymour duncan stag mag if you want to go name brand. It's basically 2 single coils which means you get a stronger top end than you would get from a normal humbucker. It's also got the added bonus of coil splitting and sounding like single coils. I make something too, and I've also got one that has formvar in 1 of the coils which, again, will help scoop the mids a little more.

Note, this whole responce was base on the idea of scooped mids. I don't know what type of music you play so I'm not making recomendations for styles of music. Just telling you what to look for if you want scooped mids.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by fatwanker
Ok, so i'm planning on replacing the stock pickups in my ibanez,

The configuration is H-S-H and i'm looking for something with a lot of treble and bass, but not much middle, I don't want to get active pickups.

I was thinking some sort of Seymour Duncan pickups?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

What kinda amp do you use?

BTW, your desription of the tones you're looking for is kinda vague...What kinda music do you play and what kind of tones, like what artist's tones do you hope to achieve/emulate/sound the most like?