Ok, Pit, my mom is going to be sending her current car over to my grandparents in El Salvador. So, she's gonna buy a new car. She wants some input from me, considering she's not going to buy another car for a while, of course, and this is probably what I'll end up driving(I'm 14 now so that's some time). Actually she pretty much wants me to choose it. Now as awesome as choosing my own future car is...I know absolutely nothing about cars. Help?
get a lambo
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

I'd say look at a truck, chevy dodge or GMC, you should be able to find some either new or slightly used pretty cheap
Quote by grampastumpy
lol, sorry. Around $15000. A little above is alright.

DAMN. I got an old Pontiac for 2000. Runs fine though. All that matters.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
I don't know. What kind of cars do you like?
This is just unacceptable:
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4410/unfairhy9.jpg[/img]
Get a Volkswagen Type 2. And make it all hippie-like.
Last edited by Saintsatan at Aug 8, 2007,
Well, I don't know much about cars.
But buy a cheap one and use the rest of money to buy pedals.
"Button my white shirt
Put on some old ragged shoes.
Facade or the truth?"

Only 10000 Credits

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!

I pitty the fool who doesn't drive my van.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by E Daws

That van is the epitome of bad ass. I wish I had a cool van.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
What kinda car do you need?

When I was in the market my requirements were good gas milage and a big enough storage area for a half stack.

I got a Pontiac Grand Prix for about $13,500 (I got about $8,000 off of the price because of connections). I was looking into a used Mazda 3 or Honda Fit, the fit is kinda gay though...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by E Daws

i shall steal your van! than you shall pity yourself and not me!
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Used BMW 3 series, or 5 series, maybe even a 7 series if you get one from the mid-early 90's. Look into Mercedes and Audi to (hell even Lexus). The used market is he best place to go with that money. New car wise you're only gonna get some small subcompact like the Fit, or maybe a base model Mazda 3, or Honda Civic.

Don't buy new

Catbus FTW?
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
yea get an ford F-250. good for the winter.
My Gear:
1969 Fender Mustang Reissue
Fender DG-5 Acoustic
Washburn House of Blues
Fender Blues Junior
ProCo Rat Distortion
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
nissan skyline. they're hard to get but they are the fastest out-of-box car in the world and you can get an older one for about that price.
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

Quote by orpheus171
nissan skyline. they're hard to get but they are the fastest out-of-box car in the world and you can get an older one for about that price.

yeah you can if its missing the whole back half of the car.
Get a Kombi, Then do the interiors with shag carpet

SHAG CARPET FTW

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by JD Red LP
Used BMW 3 series, or 5 series, maybe even a 7 series if you get one from the mid-early 90's. Look into Mercedes and Audi to (hell even Lexus). The used market is he best place to go with that money. New car wise you're only gonna get some small subcompact like the Fit, or maybe a base model Mazda 3, or Honda Civic.

Don't buy new

WOOOOOO there................im guessing you didnt exactly think this through enough............anyone who's paying $15000 for a car isnt going to be able to pay the sevice fees on a Bmw, Audi, Mercedes (or any German car for that matter) when the car hits 100,000 miles...........which seeing as hes in the $15000 price range and buying used..........prolly means the car will already have passed that limit...........although i cant say i dont like your taste in cars................anyways........a WARNING to the threadstarter.........dont buy German if u only have $15000..........i would suggest something Japenese............and i would have a much easier time suggesting a car if youd be a bit more specific..........Mileage?........Tranmission?............Engine?.........Drivetrain?..................

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=219216231&dealer_id=97553&car_year=2006&model=COROL&num_records=25&make3=MIT&make2=SUB&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&model3=LANCERMITS&model2=IMPREZ&search_lang=&make=TOYOTA&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=mileageASC&address=21791&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=15000&cardist=2270

im a sucker for the Lancer...............and if you get one.........make sure its not an ES......
Last edited by SG5533 at Aug 9, 2007,
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
yeah you can if its missing the whole back half of the car.

You'd also have to live in Japan.........seeing as having it shipped over here..........then made to be street legal in The States would be rediculously pricey........
Quote by SG5533
WOOOOOO there................im guessing you didnt exactly think this through enough............anyone who's paying $15000 for a car isnt going to be able to pay the sevice fees on a Bmw, Audi, Mercedes (or any German car for that matter) when the car hits 100,000 miles...........which seeing as hes in the $15000 price range and buying used..........prolly means the car will already have passed that limit...........although i cant say i dont like your taste in cars................anyways........a WARNING to the threadstarter.........dont buy German if u only have $15000..........i would suggest something Japenese............and i would have a much easier time suggesting a car if youd be a bit more specific..........Mileage?........Tranmission?............Engine?.........Drivetrain?..................

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=219216231&dealer_id=97553&car_year=2006&model=COROL&num_records=25&make3=MIT&make2=SUB&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&model3=LANCERMITS&model2=IMPREZ&search_lang=&make=TOYOTA&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=mileageASC&address=21791&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=15000&cardist=2270

im a sucker for the Lancer...............and if you get one.........make sure its not an ES......

haha, you can get a nice 328i with less than 100,000 for way less than $15,000, and the run forever if you can take care of it yourself. you don't have to go to a dealer to get regular service done. Go to ****in' Jiffy lube. I have a 17 year old Audi with 170,000 miles on it and I can pay for it fine, even when I was working at minimum wage. You just have to get a good car that has reliable and up to date service records and you're set. Smart buyer=happy buyer, don't listen to the "horror stories" people have to say about cars. Go out and do your own research from reliable sources, talk to owners, test drive some cars, then pick one. The only thing that i recommend is don't get an 80's or early-mid 90's American car.