who do u think is the best guitarist......EVER!?
GEAR:
Ibanez GSA60 guitar
perri blue lighting strap
Digitech RP250 pedal
Marshall MG30 Amp

Quote by Glen
I call these Glen wads, they'll get you high just on flavor alone

FOUNDER OF THE JONAS BROTHERS SUCK group join today
i think you should start running threadstarter...
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by blackflag49
Billie Joe Armstrong, duh

*laughs so hard he vomits blood*

Yes my vote goes to search bar...
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Quote by The 6th String
*laughs so hard he vomits blood*

Yes my vote goes to search bar...

I'm joking btw

It's actually Pete Wentz...metal 4ever!!
That will never be determined and all of us no that.

We all have opinions and thats what makes music so interesting.

This won't solve anything so

*reported*

EDIT: lol @ your username.
Quote by blackflag49
I'm joking btw

It's actually Pete Wentz...metal 4ever!!

lolz, there's so much wrong with that statement i don't even know where to begin
Quote by blackflag49
Billie Joe Armstrong, duh

are you aware this overused sarcastic suggestion stopped being funny the 2nd time..?
unles your serious, then ill have to designate you as an idiot
Quote by JulianBintner
If you've ever seen the end of the spongebob squarepants movie, you'd know the god damn answer.

he speaks truth
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by insomniac_style
lolz, there's so much wrong with that statement i don't even know where to begin

begin with the fact his name is pete wentz...
Quote by justinrobbins7

Quote by Mazzakazza
Next Plz.
WAIT
spongebob sung
partrick played the drums
and SANDY played the guitar.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by penguin-pirate
WAIT
spongebob sung
partrick played the drums
and SANDY played the guitar.

In the MOVIE, he sung, and then pulled a guitar out of thin air and belted out a face melting 3 minute solo while he wore a THONG AND A WIZARD CLOAK.

I **** you not.
Quote by JulianBintner
THONG AND A WIZARD CLOAK.

sounds like me on sunday afternoon...
Quote by justinrobbins7

Quote by Mazzakazza
Next Plz.
Searcho Barro

The greatest Mexican guitarist whoever lived in the history of the world.

He sucked.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by p!atdfan112
who do u think is the best guitarist......EVER!?

dude the best guitarist is not about who can play whatever......everyone in the world has a guitarist they love and respect ...so the best guitarist is the people you look up to..this means every single guitarist
It's an impossible question. Guitarists are different. Obviously very few would agree that Andres Segovia was a better guitarist/composer than Agustin Barrios Mangore, yet Segovia was much more known for his transcribing abilities of the works of classical musicians such as Bach or Scarlatti than Barrios was. Yet many beleve Barrios was an all around superior composer to Segovia, seeing as how Barrios wrote over 300 works. Federico Moreno Torroba is superior to Barrios in the sense that he uses more abstract composing scales and techniques, however Barrios is superior in the sense that his composing tackles more styles such as 20th century Romanticism, Folk and Baroque-style.

It wouldn't even be a debate whether Joaquin Rodrigo was a better orchestral composer of guitar music than Barrios, yet most hold Barrios' solo works to be superior.

The point I am trying to get at is that we cannot possibley decide the best guitarist of all. Mainly because there is too much subjectivity in arguements, and musicians tastes and styles vary. Choosing the best guitarist of certain criteria is far more logical. Such as:

Who is the best known classical guitarist/composer when it comes to abstract use of the whole-note scale? In that case, I would pace my money on Federico Moreno Torroba

Who is the best guitarist when it comes to effectively transcribing compositions of other instruments to the guitar? I would go with Andres Segovia, for sure.

Who is the best guitarist/composer when it comes to writing virtuostic music with influence of folk? I would go with Agustin Barrios Mangore.

I can agree with the specific criteria of "the best" at some times, yet it is impossible to answer "The overall best".
Quote by The Madcap
It's an impossible question. Guitarists are different. Obviously very few would agree that Andres Segovia was a better guitarist/composer than Agustin Barrios Mangore, yet Segovia was much more known for his transcribing abilities of the works of classical musicians such as Bach or Scarlatti than Barrios was. Yet many beleve Barrios was an all around superior composer to Segovia, seeing as how Barrios wrote over 300 works. Federico Moreno Torroba is superior to Barrios in the sense that he uses more abstract composing scales and techniques, however Barrios is superior in the sense that his composing tackles more styles such as 20th century Romanticism, Folk and Baroque-style.

It wouldn't even be a debate whether Joaquin Rodrigo was a better orchestral composer of guitar music than Barrios, yet most hold Barrios' solo works to be superior.

The point I am trying to get at is that we cannot possibley decide the best guitarist of all. Mainly because there is too much subjectivity in arguements, and musicians tastes and styles vary. Choosing the best guitarist of certain criteria is far more logical. Such as:

Who is the best known classical guitarist/composer when it comes to abstract use of the whole-note scale? In that case, I would pace my money on Federico Moreno Torroba

Who is the best guitarist when it comes to effectively transcribing compositions of other instruments to the guitar? I would go with Andres Segovia, for sure.

Who is the best guitarist/composer when it comes to writing virtuostic music with influence of folk? I would go with Agustin Barrios Mangore.

I can agree with the specific criteria of "the best" at some times, yet it is impossible to answer "The overall best".

this thread just got pwnt
Quote by justinrobbins7

Quote by Mazzakazza
Next Plz.
Quote by JulianBintner
If you've ever seen the end of the spongebob squarepants movie, you'd know the god damn answer.

I've seen it and I have to say: Spongebob rocks, he can destroy mental devices with his guitar, man. I wish I could do something more with my guitar than music
Quote by insomniac_style

you could start at the fact that pete wentz plays bass hahahaha. In a band with the words fall out and boy in the name.
Strength of the World
Quote by penguin-pirate
spongebob

lmao **** YA!!!! my girlfriend watched that last night and what tottally reminded me of the awsome solo at the end of the movie in the song.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
only problem is... his guitar only has 3 strings... but hes still the best
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.