I really wanna put some new pickups in a Epiphone Les Paul that is routed for three humbuckers. I kind of want it to be versitile because I play just about everything from metal to jazz. I was wondering what you guys would think the best combo would be.

Thanks for the help!
SD Jazz (n)
SD '59 (m)
SD JB (b)
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Invador
Invar0r
Invaddor

Taht wud of bin so awsum!!!

...I don't think you'll find THE combo you're looking for until you convince people to elaborate a little on their choices, because the stuff I'm seing here is completely erratic.
Quote by -heartbreaker-
SD Alnico Pro II-Neck
SD '59-Middle
Gibbo Burstbucker Pro-Bridge

what a fun combination.

u mean:
SD Alnico Pro II - neck
SD '59 model - middle
SD Pearly Gates - Bridge

right???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
If you're looking for a good value upgrade (e.g you don't want to spend +£200 on a new set of pups), look into IronGear and Tonerider. I know first hand that IronGear can give SD and DiMarzio a run for their money at a fraction of their price, and from what I hear Tonerider are the same kind of idea. Seeing as you're in the States Tonerider would probably be better for you, as IronGear are a pretty small UK company (though if you e-mail Keith at Axetec then he'll happily arrange overseas shipping for you) while Tonerider are based across the Pond. One might also argue that Toneriders' scatter-winding trumps IronGears' machine-winding.

I would suggest a Rocksong set for Bridge and Neck and perhaps, for the sake of variety, a Rebel 90 in the Middle. Mind on however that the Rebel 90 is actually a Humbucker-sized single coil P90, so this would actually change your setup to H-S-H (you might feel the urge to swap the bridge Rocksong and Rebel 90, resulting in S-H-H, but I would say that H-S-H is the better option in terms of versitality, and it's worth keeping in mind that the Rocksong will be specially wound for the Bridge position), a different kind of idea. However, if versitality and general all-round tone at a sensible price is what you're after, you have your option.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Last edited by NeutralFan at Jun 24, 2011,
Seymour Duncan SH2 Jazz Neck
Gibson P94, or Seymour Duncan Phat Cat Middle
Seymour Duncan JB, or Gibson Burstbucker 2 Bridge

Or the GFS equivalent of all of the above if you're on a budget.
This thread is going to be closed because you have to post your pickup questions in the pickup thread. I'm not saying whether i agree or disagree, i'm just saying that's what's going to happen.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."