Can anyone show me some free programs to backup up my songs on my ipod to a folder in my computer please?
thanks.
if your songs on your ipod aren't on your computer, how'd you get them on your ipod???
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Well they're on my ipod, but my ipod library got erased (for a reason not even I know), and I just like to know that i have a backup of all the songs on my computer in case my ipod breaks. I can still listen to music if I plug my ipod in, but I can only listen from my ipod, not my library.
Oh, I see. Well don't plug in your ipod, or else your empty itunes folder will erase all your songs... You should uninstall itunes to be sure this doesn't happen, and then google "ipod backup" or something and download any program that says it puts your ipod songs to your computer. I think there's one called ipod ally or something, but I'm not positive. Just google it.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Just plug your IPod in open your removable hardware device (IPod) and copy it all into your Library.

You don't need a program silly...
D:
Signature.
Last edited by Atomic48 at Aug 9, 2007,
Yeah. I have something similar. I got a lot of the songs on my ipod from a friend's computer so I don't have a lot of the stuff I want on mine. Is there any program or something to transfer the music from the ipod to the computer?

nvm just saw that^
Quote by tushmeister
MASSIVE Respect to you. Absolutely massive! *buys you an e-drink*
Last edited by Mattson at Aug 9, 2007,
there's about a trillion free programs that do this. google "ipod to pc" or "ipod to mac" and download a free one.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
gottcha covered i think. try this ok go to control panel, then go to performance and maintenance, then click on file types. the click on the tab that says "view" and you will see a folder that says hidden files and folders click on show hidden files and folers. next time you plug in your iPod, open my computer and click on the iPod and look search around on there all your music is on there. although the names arnt on iPod folders once you open the file it opens itunes and BAM it has all the info there for you. and if you need anymore help just ask me.
edit: i've tried "ipod to pc" i dont like it and it only lets you transfer but so much
Last edited by rtbsmgsmf at Aug 9, 2007,
Ok that sounds good but I don't have a "performance and maintenance" option in the control panel...
Quote by tushmeister
MASSIVE Respect to you. Absolutely massive! *buys you an e-drink*
Quote by Atomic48
Just plug your IPod in open your removable hardware device (IPod) and copy it all into your Library.

You don't need a program silly...

I might be wrong, but I didn't think iPod's let you view the media on them as a removable device. If it does, than i doubt there would be so many programs to do it for you.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Plug you ipod up then
Right click on Start>Explore>Tools>Folder Options>View>Show Hidden Files

Then just find you Ipod and the music folder should show up but it will be a more opaque color and if you click it, it will have a bunch of folders saying F01 F02 and so on and if you click those it will have these four letter files in them Ex. ADJS.m4a or something like that. Just find the main music folder in you ipod(the hidden opaque folder) and right click and copy. Then make a new folder wherever you like and then click paste once you open up the new folder. It could take up to 45 mins or so depending on how much music is on your ipod. Once that is done copying, open Itunes then click File>Add Folder To Library, then just find the new folder you created with the music in it and click to open that file. Then it will transfer all the music into your itunes and 99.9% of your songs will show up with the correct names for them instead of the four letter file it looks to be in the new folder you made.
I've done this many times, and about 4 songs have not shown up with the proper identification for them.