Hey I was looking for my second guitar and really love these two, however, I'm stuck in choosing between the two!

I've already got a MIJ Strat so I was after something with a bit of a different sound. I'm leaning towards the Jazzmaster but I think the pickups look ugly (not that it really matters ). What would you reccomend?
Personally, I like the Jag better, but that's just me. Go with what you like better, and don't not get the guitar you like better because you don't like the pickups.
Haha yeah I know that's not really holding me back, just finding it hard to choose between the two.
jaguar (i've always wanted one)

/thread
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Jaguar has 24" scale, style single coil pickups, lots of switches

Jazzmaster has 25 1/2" scale (same as a strat), soapbar pickups, few less switches.

Those are the major differences.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Haha yer, decisions decisions deicions.

Btw why is everyone suggesting the Jaguar? Just curious...
Quote by civildp1
Jaguar has 24" scale, style single coil pickups, lots of switches

Jazzmaster has 25 1/2" scale (same as a strat), soapbar pickups, few less switches.

Those are the major differences.

same amount of switches
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain
Quote by mathieupM13
If you want to see scary pics you should google Rosie O’Donnell
i like the both.but because i like soapbar pickups,id say go for the jazzmaster,itll have a difference in tone and sound compared the single coil type pickups.
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by nirvana23freak
same amount of switches

looking at pictures right now, Jaguar has 6 switches, Jazzmaster has 4.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I'd definitely get the Jazzmaster. P90 pickups are awesome and it'll be pretty different from your Strat because of it. It makes more sense than getting a Jaguar.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I'd go for the Jaguar, but truth is both are nice guitars. Try them out! That's really the best way to decide.
Stock Jazzmaster pickups aren't P90s, just to let you know; they're single coils.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
You'd probably be more comfortable with a Jazzmaster due to its standard scale length and less switches, so I'd most definitely recommend the Jazzmaster. Remember though, neither guitars are that great. I get absolutely no sustain from my Jaguar. Never played a Jazzmaster though.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Thanks guys for the replys, I'll try them both out but the Jazzmaster is sounding good.
Quote by Kartman
You'd probably be more comfortable with a Jazzmaster due to its standard scale length.
Quote by Pirate.
id go jazzmaster due to the longer scale.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
You should look at the J Mascis Jazzmaster. I think it's around 800 bucks and it looks awesome.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
Yeah I am seriously considering getting that, J is a god. Do they make lefty versions of it?