when punching hard things for continuous amount of time does that build up calouses in your knuckles therefor making u hit harder
Well, your nerves will eventually get used to the pain, so you wont hit harder, but you could put more force into it because your nerves could take the pain.
Spastic Ink
It makes your knuckles hurt I think.
Not sure though.
Quote by _Mayday_
Somehow; I thought it would be a better idea to show the bus driver my dick instead of my bus pass.
No, you will only hit harder if you hit the weights and build up some muscle.
I have awesome hair
no chances are you'll break a knuckle and therefore suck at fighting.

Also, Fighting does not make you cool so stop trying to act tough.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
^ lol, so true, and lol @ ukuleleftw.
lmao. this guy isn't hte brightest crayon in the box, lets put it that way. lol. but yes, it would hurt alot. y would u do that?
Quote by burrit0
It's okay, he listens to Limp Bizkit, of course he's tough.

Yeah, he's Nu Metal. We better watch out...

Edit: ^^ no, It's just fun to stereotype
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Bloodbath7898
we have some stereotyping people on UG damn!! i like limp bizkit is that a problem?

srry son i dont want no truble, just givn ma respekt to dusrt
Quote by burrit0

"He'll break your ****ing face tonight!"
From what I understand, it will break down your bones or sort of injure them so to speak on a cellular level and when they heal or grow back or whatever, they reinforce themselves and are actually stronger and denser.

It's the kind of bone conditioning that those guys do that you see on TV breaking cinder blocks with their bare hands or their heads. Do a google video search for "Fight Science" and there's a bit about it in there I want to say about half way through it (it's about an hour and half long). It's actually quite an interesting watch as they cover the strengths and flaws of different types of martial arts and even weapons. I think it was originally aired on the Discovery Channel or something like that.

Quote by metal Lover
"He'll break your ****ing face tonight!"

I hope you know he's like a chainsaw... a mothafuckin' chainsaw
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Last edited by Child Of Maiden at Aug 9, 2007,
actually it does..
but if you punch to hard, you might f*ck one up for ever.

like I did

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Child Of Maiden
From what I understand, it will break down your bones or sort of injure them so to speak on a cellular level and when they heal or grow back or whatever, they reinforce themselves and are actually stronger and denser.

It's the kind of bone conditioning that those guys do that you see on TV breaking cinder blocks with their bare hands or their heads. Do a google video search for "Fight Science" and there's a bit about it in there I want to say about half way through it (it's about an hour and half long). It's actually quite an interesting watch as they cover the strengths and flaws of different types of martial arts and even weapons. I think it was originally aired on the Discovery Channel or something like that.

I hope you know he's like a chainsaw... a mothafuckin' chainsaw

thank you that is what i was looking for, so for all you who made jokes and ha has check those videos out and yes limp bizkit wuld rule you .... :-)
Quote by Bloodbath7898
thank you that is what i was looking for, so for all you who made jokes and ha has check those videos out and yes limp bizkit wuld rule you .... :-)

get out and dont come back
Quote by Bloodbath7898

um yeah... no.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Seeing as how no one wants to answer with any know-how,

If you're going to actually punch things, start very soft and slowly, and i mean SLOWLY, build up in force and for longer periods of time.

I recommend starting just by doing knuckle push-ups first and just punching a bag. If the push-ups seem hard, start on carpet, then wood, then tiles (depending on availability i guess).

After a couple months you get impressive callousses (sp?) but then it just looks like a bump on your knuckle where you don't feel anything as the skin grows over it. Yes, it will take a long time and commitment to toughen your knuckles.

In terms of nerves, it will kill some, maybe most of them on your knuckles if you punch things. However, knuckle push-ups will roll the nerves to the side of your knuckles so when you punch straight you won't feel much. Make sure you do the knuckle push-ups properly by rolling forward so when you go down, only your index and first finger knuckles are on the ground. This puts more weight on the arms, making the push-up harder and therefore more worth it, and seeing as YOU WANT TO PUNCH WITH PROPER TECHNIQUE, you want callousses on those two fingers first.

Another thing, if you do actually end up doing this, you'll find that you need to condition your fingers and wrists heaps as well - otherwise you WON'T be able to punch harder. Finger push-ups and back-of-the-hand push-ups are primo. The most common injuries in the hands in boxing are in the wrist (usually by punching with the ring and pinky fingers rather than the front two knuckles) and fingers. Once again, start small and build up the number you can do over time. Doing 50 a day is better than 350 on one day at the end of the week.

A MASSIVE WARNING: this can hurt your health permanently. Especially if you train with improper technique. Be responsible when dealing with injuries or take a few days off every once in a while just to let your hands heal. And btw, seeing as you might play guitar, if you do this seriously, you WILL feel like you can't shred as fast or whatever. Why? Because you're nerves are no longer suitably adapted to subtley controlling your fingers. Up to you.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not your doctor, just some idiot on the net blah blah blah. Don't be an idiot.
Quote by bassplayer33333
Sinisa Rules all.

Quote by zbest
That is part of the reason that the mafia does so much drug trafficing, its so they wont die of hunger because they dont have anything.
Quote by burrit0

I was going to insult him about his tastes in music too but got beat to it
It will build up calluses and cause the bones where your hitting to reinforce themselves. Either that or you will break you r hand and feel like a jackass.
Just makes your knuckles hurt like a bitch. Eventually you won't be able to move them properly either.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Try playing guitar with your knuckles, both on the frets and strings, try and sweep pick e.t.c.