Page 1 of 2
Okay, today I was at the bookstore and was looking at the language section I wanted to see if they had any books on how to speak arabic. So my mom comes over and asks what language I was looking for and I said arabic. Then she just laughed as if I was joking and then I told her I was serious. SO she gets all mad and says dont say that. When we were in the car I was arguing about how not all arabic people hate us and want us to die. I kept teling her that thats not true at all. She just kept saying how they hated us. Frankly, I was put off by her ignorance because usually shes pretty opened minded. So I got a question for anybody that lives in the middle east: Do you not like us? With people like that I can see why you would hate us. And during our argument she just says, "tell that to the people in those planes."
That got me really mad. I really seems like people distrust the people from the middle east. I'd wish I could just get a huge paper for thousands of arabic people to sign saying they dont want to kill us and shove it in her face. It completly ruined my KFC.
Although I don't understand why someone would want to learn Arabic I can safely say that not everyone in the middle east hates the US but there are a lot that do.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
My aunt married a guy from Pakistan and he moved back there after they divorced. Ive met a lot of his family and they dont just hate people from America. Your mom is just ignorant and you made a mistake by letting her out of the kitchen.
damn that sucks. i hope it wasn't the famous bowl i could never let one go to waste.
i dont think a potential terrorist is going to say, "yeah, i plan to blow up *insert american land mark here*, why do you want to know?"
Quote by BDR_23
"tell that to the people in those planes."

I woulda been like, "BOY YOU MUSTA LOST YO' MIND"

And no, not everybody hates the US. It's a split between anger towards foreign policy and the desire to move out to the states and take advantage of all the opportunity here. There are an EXTREME few amount of people who actually want to kill Americans though.

Good luck learning the language.

It completly ruined my KFC.

If you guys ever get into a confrontation with some violent Arab guys just look at your mom and tell her "you see if only you hadn't been an ignorant **** in the bookstore I would know Arabic and I would've been able to reason with them"
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
im half arabic hell i love america(i live in america btw lol) my dad is full arabic, him and his familly love america too. arabs are peaceful you got to watch out for thoe afgans tho :P jk lol. but seriously it depends some arabs/muslims see them selves being attacked by the media so they assume that all americans hate them which is not true but because the media is so corrupted and all that **** everyones confused right now hopefully peace comes by some time
Last edited by urdad at Aug 9, 2007,
yeah extremists are the guys you gotta watch out for like the people on youtube saying i will do jihad and do suicide for god, those people are giving us a bad name
Firstly, your mom's an ignorant hick. Congratulations.

Secondly, non-Americans (and by Americans I approximately mean Brits and Canadians too) tend to be far more aware of the world than do Americans. There's plenty of ignorance and hate, but I think there's less of it, and there's certainly less "hatred for Americans" in the Middle East than is frequently believed.

It's worth mentioning that the hate on both sides of the American(Israeli?)-Middle East conflict comes from similar reasons. Fear, propaganda, these types of things. However, it just so happens those on the Middle East side are a lot more justified. Americans have been attacked on home soil by "Islam" once. Once. Including England, twice. The West has been engaging in colonialism in the Middle East for almost a century (since the fall of the Ottoman Empire, essentially). Also keep in mind that one of the biggest beefs for "Islamic extremists" is the military occupation of countries like Saudi Arabia. Muslims do not have military bases in the United States, and this is a crucial difference from the perspective of a lot of Muslims.

Thirdly, good on you for trying to learn Arabic, I'm in that boat to. It's a bitch, not in the least because I know no one who speaks Arabic (it's for exactly this reason I may end up learning Zulu first).
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
I think it's really good that you want to learn arabic. Learning a language that uses a different alphabet is a really rewarding challenge and a useful skill to have.

And ignore your mum. Some people are just idiots. My mum still hasn't fathomed the idea that muslim people can live in the UK without being either suicide bombers or women haters. She sickens me

Good luck with the language

Oh and zeppfreak170, I reported you. That's such a stupid pointless thing to say.
A tip for learning arabiyya - its a very 'physical' type of language. In the sense that you need to be able to control parts of your throat and mouth correctly and not just tongue and lips. its alot more intense than speaking english.

Good luck with learning the language, and don't give up!
Quote by bradbradbrad
Not as cute as you, Distorte.

"We're here to make coffee METAL. We will make EVERYTHING metal. Blacker than the blackest black times INFINITY!"
Learn the language.

In America, unless you are in a cult, no one can keep you from learning.

Get the book, get the lessons, do what you want.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Why would it make any difference if you learnt arabic or not, and besides there is a lot of business in Saudi Arabia, although it isn't exactly safe. My Dad worked there in the 70s, and then a few years ago. He knows some arabic.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
I live in the Middle East and people here dont hate Americans, they just oppose bloodshed and violence like any other humans and have no real reason to hate the USA
Quote by Zeppfreak170
Durka Durka, Mohammed Jihad, Akka Dakka Blaka Dakka,

Arabic is easy

Apologies, this is from the movie Team America, I didn't mean to insult Arabic People
I have awesome hair
How to learn arabic page 1

repeat after me
"durka durka, goat jihad, durka"

only messing

but as a Brit don't we hate the welsh, irish, french, germans and americans? but i guess we dont want to kill them....that much
Quote by Zeppfreak170
Durka Durka, Mohammed Jihad, Akka Dakka Blaka Dakka,

Arabic is easy

**** got their b4 me lol
Okay here...

The truth is...
We all like america... I think america is a really cool place. There's so much to do there! Though there's a lot of crime and ignorance among the people but its still a cool place.

So we all like america....

But not just arabs, most of the people in the world hate the american government, its policies anf politics. I really hate the way the american government runs and i'm all against yer president!

People in Middle-east hate america cuz they keep invading their countries. Pressurising their governments to run according to their policies. Steal their oil. Set up military bases.
If any country does that to any other country, they're certainly gonna hate the invading country!

So there's a reason why most people in the middle east dont like america. And the reason is what america has done to them!

Another reason is america has strong alliance with Israel which is basically the long arch-enemy of the middle east. They keep suppling Israel with weapons and aids which Israel uses against the middle east.

These area enough reason for one country to go mad over another country!!
No, not all Middle Easterners hate the US. I don't think anyone actually hates the US itself, just the US' bullshit foreign policy. Because of Israel/Palestine, and the current
'War on Terror'.

I'm surprised that your Mom (I assume she's a pretty intelligent person) just went "Oh all Arabs hate us" and not think of the reasons for it. I mean, if you found out that, apparently, a whole region hates your guts, wouldn't you wonder why?

Btw, Arabic is one helluva tough language. I lived ten years in Jordan and I never really got the hang of it.

^ what he said.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I've met several doctors from places like Iran and Pakistan(not ones involved in trying to blow up Glasgow airport, but I assume they're the exception to the rule). I've never had problems with them.
Well i'm sure the English folk here will agree with me when i say there are alot of arabs in the UK, some legal, some aren't; just like America with the Mexicans. Minus the close border.

One thing i've noticed is that there is hostility between the different ethnic groups. There are more white people in the city i live in, and yet, i only ever get attempted muggings from Arabs, i don't know why? It isn't like i'm going to start on a group of eleven thugs by myself is it. Which, to be honest makes me resent the amount of Ethnic Migrants in the UK. London is full, and the population of Leicester is now 50-50; it upsets me, not because i'm "racist", but because it feels like they're letting the bastards in with those that come here to work. We need to be tougher, why would we let someone in who is a convicted criminal in Iran, and who squats in a flat and claims off the benefit system that people like me have to pay for. Its madness.

A few Muslims that went to Iraq for Jihad and got injured, were allowed to come back to the country and exploit our healthcare... while my old gran has to wait for months for a new hip - The fact that they were allowed back in at all makes me sick. The amount of potential attacks we have had is staggering, if not for our security services this nation would have been struck several times in the last 2 years...by people that were born here and have proffesional careers. I don't know what to think but i sure as hell am not happy with the way the bad eggs of one religion are allowed so much freedom, when what they deserve is a firing squad.
Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air

My Gear:
1981 Gibson Spirit
1979 Ovation Balladeer
1999 Jay Turser JT 72F
1981 Fender Strat

Messa Boogie 60 watt tube
Marshall 12 watt practise amp
Well before they have a War on Terror and go cleaning up a place half a world away from America, shouldn't we be having like a War on Crime and clean up home?
I mean, if you wanna fix someone else's place you gotta fix your own first.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
I'm from Israel, thats the middle east.
We speak Hebrew, not Arabic, so I'm not sure I'm included in your post, but I gotta say that down here we don't have any special hate to America.
Just the usual dislikeness to any nation that can pick such a stupid leader, twice, in a row.

By the way, Arabic is quite an annoying language to the ears, I've used to learn it at school, and trust me, you don't wanna go down this route.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Just the usual dislikeness to any nation that can pick such a stupid leader, twice, in a row.
QUOTE]

+1 You'd think the message would have gotten across after the first 4 years. George W. Bush, making political satirists obsolete since 2001.
Quote by raise_the_dead

Btw, Arabic is one helluva tough language. I lived ten years in Jordan and I never really got the hang of it.

Pwned by your native tounge

Quote by jagstang270
i'm Israeli, i'm obligated to like you ...

<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by BassistGal
We speak Hebrew, not Arabic, so I'm not sure I'm included in your post, but I gotta say that down here we don't have any special hate to America.

By the way, Arabic is quite an annoying language to the ears, I've used to learn it at school, and trust me, you don't wanna go down this route.

Yeah my friend is from Egypt and his parents speak Arabic to him and it can get really annoying how it sounds. Anyway for the record, in the 2004 election everybody who ran was AWFUL. And it came down to having Bush be a sucky president again, or have Kerry absolutely ruin the country. We had no choice but to vote Bush in again although not many people liked that. Bush barely won that election and I bet we're gonna have bad people run in 2008 too...
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Quote by The Wanton
The amount of potential attacks we have had is staggering, if not for our security services this nation would have been struck several times in the last 2 years...by people that were born here and have proffesional careers.

If it weren't for security services, any country would've been struck several times over. That's why there's security services. But yeah, I get what you mean, you have a point.

Quote by Hells_Bell
Pwned by your native tounge

I'm not Arab...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by BassistGal
QUOTE]

+1 You'd think the message would have gotten across after the first 4 years. George W. Bush, making political satirists obsolete since 2001.

George W. Bush: Hated by teenagers everywhere.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by gen0doom

George W. Bush: Hated by intelligent people everywhere.

Fixed.
Now, the Americans amonngst you...dont hate me
But just look at what America does in the Middle East. I think any Arab with a quick temper would hate America. Luckily, the vast majority of Middle Eastern poeple, and Muslims are moderates, and as much as they don't agree with what the US does they dont condone any violence.
But there are the few who get brainwashed by "Muslim" extremists (note Muslims in quotation marks. They are not Muslims. They are foo's who uses the name of Islam to unfairly, innaccurately back up their political ideals).
Dude. I'm originally form the middle east and I can safely that we don't hate american or british people. Extremists however do, but every religion has its extremists, you shouldn't just concentrate on one that is publicised by the media. We DO however hate Bush. Cz he killed loads of innocent muslims all troughout the middle east (mainly Afghanistan and Iraq). But you know, who wouldn't be pissed if that happens? So yeah, in conclusion, go learn arabic, I can read it but can't write or understand it. Good luck, and don't worry about your mom, a lot of people are like that (not people that I personally get along with :p but yeah, a lot of people. Good luck once again. <3 XxxxX
Quote by BassistGal

And thats what arabs think about hebrew
but yeah ill blame the society for teaching us prejudism
israeli friend
Quote by BassistGal

I can't believe you think HEBREW sounds good and ARABIC is the ugly stepsister. I always kinda thought it was the other way around. Oh well.

About Israel hating the Americans or not hating the Americans, I'm sure, much like every country in the world including the US, there's some majorly "anti-American" people there, for various reasons. However, firstly, it's not generally useful to call "Israel" the Middle East, as while it is in the region and it shares important characteristics with other countries there, it's very much a special case. Secondly, America is essentially keeping Israel as its non-Saudi Arabian military base in the ME, hence it treats you guys pretty well. Israel would've long ago dissolved were it not for American support (I don't mean it would've been destroyed, either; rather, it would've lost important political support, and would simply not resemble the state it does today).
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Page 1 of 2