I will be getting an orange Tiny Terror as soon as some dill-hole puts one on Craigslist for under 500, and when I do I will want some pedals to JUICE UP MY ORANGE JUICE!

yeah.

I'll probably get an fulltone OCD to handle all my OD needs, and I'll get a vox 847a wah, and a muff pi, but I don't know whether to get the russian or american version... What are the differences as far as sound and quality go? I heard that the russian version makes you use batteries if you live in the US, which would suck midget balls. I hate batteries.

also, since I'm new to pedals, do you think I'm getting the wrong kinds of pedals first? By that I mean is it better to get different kinds of pedals than the ones I'm looking at? I would ask GC employees, but they are stupid and will just try to sell me an MG and another guitar strap

If you need to know, the music I tend to play is similar to Rush. Very similar to the sound of the power chords in 2112 and I would fornicate myself with a DVD to be able to get lifeson's sound during the solos. That gainy, yet soft but squealing tone. I play some harder rock and blues/jazz too, and some funk, but not as much. anyways, what are some common starter pedals for those genres? Classic rock, some hard rock, blues, jazz, and a LITTLE bit of funk.

I know an OD is nearly manditory for tube amps, and I want a wah wah pedal to play fun stuff with my friends like Crazy Bitch by buck cherry. And I like the idea of a sustainer/distorter, but I don't know how "necessary" it is for what I play.

Thanks!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I think you're on a pretty good road so far.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
OH! Suggestions, sorry. :P

I suggest doing it this way...

Get the tiny terror and cab

Then get the Fulltone OCD

Then get your wah

And if you're willing to stretch it, get yourself a delay pedal. (depends on your budget)

But really, you don't need much.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^^^(post#2) thanks, haha. do you just search "orange" every 5 minutes just so you can be the first post in any orange related discussion

^^(post#3) what don't you think I would need? the big muff pi? I wasn't sure, so I thought I'd ask, but if you think I could get the sound I want without it, that would obviously be best. I'm trying to spend as little as possible, so that I can go to college! Safeway isn't exactly making me rich...
Hell, once I buy the TT used I'm still going to have to build my own damn cabinet. But I'll paint it orange just for jinskee and the orange oyster cult!

^(post#4) Oh yeah I never even thought about delay. You're right that might help me out more than a muff pi.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Aug 9, 2007,

You better.

Funny thing is, I just started using the search button to look up orange threads.

But again, I shouldn't be the one to tell you what to purchase, etc. I appologize for that.

BUT! I still think a more pure approach would be a better one in this case (A couple of time based effects would do fine, too!).

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Tbh.. the OCD should do you just fine for OD and distortion (unless I'm thinking of the wrong pedal). Other than that, how about a delay or something? It'll take you ages before you find your tone, so you might aswell start getting some modulation effects to have a bit of fun :P

I'd strongly advise that you look into a noise gate/suppressor pedal aswell.
I'd get the wah first. It's more fun, and you may find that you like the OD on the TT without the help of any pedals at all. Or maybe you could go with an EHX LPB-1 for a quality, inexpensive boost rather than the OCD (which is a great pedal, BTW).

The Big Muff, OTOH, is another great pedal that will give you sounds your amp won't be able to produce on it's own. You might want to get this before the OD, too.

Good luck with the TT. I see them pop up for under $450 every once in a while.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
w00p another TT user. You won't be disappointed. I think you should get the wah first because seeing as you don't play anything heavier than hard rock, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with the amp's gain.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
/\ out of curiousity, what cabinet do you use? and If it's a custom cab, what speaker did you use? I am thinking about buying the same speaker orange uses in their cabs...
thanks!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567