Page 1 of 2
So I was messing with my guitar and I started making a awesome riff...but I thought it sounded familiar so I went through a couple of songs...and it was beast and the harlot by avenged sevenfold....THEY RUIN RIFFS!!!....so...has anyone else ever had a riff that ended up being used by another band????
Yea, I had a cool little thing goin once, but then i discovered that it was really called Stairway to Heaven.....****in' Jimmy Page
Quote by To The End
the most likely thing was that you copied in unintentionally

maybe....but I didn't realize that I had heard it until I was done with it....it was a spur of the moment thing in a way
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
Yea, I had a cool little thing goin once, but then i discovered that it was really called Stairway to Heaven.....****in' Jimmy Page

HE'S THE WORST OUT OF ALL OF THEM....STEALING SONGS FROM EVERYONE!
That usually happens if you have a certain song playing in the background/from a distance or in another room, it enters your subconscious mind.

I once made a riff that I thought sounded familiar and it turned out to be Place in my head or place for my head by linkin park, which made me feel ashamed as I hate the band.
And this was because my friend always has them on the other room...
have you ever noticed how similar the beast and the harlot riff is to the end of the main riff in walk
buncha slayer songs.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
....yeah but avenged sevenfold suck.
You know someone once said I was crazy.

I smiled at him at said " Haha no no no"

"I'M INSANE!"
Quote by nao_guy
have you ever noticed how similar the beast and the harlot riff is to the end of the main riff in walk

A7X steal riffs, listen to unholy confessions then listen to paint it black by the rolling stones, almost identical, just different keys
I like some of their songs....but the random tapping and sweeping riffs every couple of seconds get really annoying....and they use some strange background effects....it's hard to explain but I was listening to one of their songs and throughout the whole song they have this annoying whistling going on >
tht happens to me loads, and 99% of the time, its cos i has heard tht song without really realising it, and then copied THEIR riffs
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
That riff starting at 4:08 in Vicarious by Tool...
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
dude, people have been ripping me off badly recently

just over the past week, i found out that i have been ripped off by arch enemy, morbid angel, cannibal corpse, metallica, judas priest, dethklok, and abba...

god damn famous bands, can't do anything of their own
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Metallica with their enter sandman stole my badass riff from me. (Actually, not really, it sounds really similar though if the emphasis was on a different beat.)
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by JustZeroes
A7X steal riffs, listen to unholy confessions then listen to paint it black by the rolling stones, almost identical, just different keys

Oh NOEZ! THEY PLAYED A RIFF USING A FEW NOTES WITH THE SAME INTERVALS! The two songs aren't even remotely identical, apart from the aforementioned single string riff.

On the topic though, in Welcome to Bucketheadland, a riff is stolen from Crazy Train. ZOMGZ LETS GET OWT TEH LAWS00TZ!
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Oh NOEZ! THEY PLAYED A RIFF USING A FEW NOTES WITH THE SAME INTERVALS! The two songs aren't even remotely identical, apart from the aforementioned single string riff.

On the topic though, in Welcome to Bucketheadland, a riff is stolen from Crazy Train. ZOMGZ LETS GET OWT TEH LAWS00TZ!

sorry that I insult you favourite band
I once wrote a cool riff. Than i realised it sounded a damn lot like Rammstein's Feuer Frei

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by JustZeroes
sorry that I insult you favourite band

They are not my favourite band. I just pointed out the retardation in your post.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
They are not my favourite band. I just pointed out the retardation in your post.

I didn't say the songs were identical, I said the riffs sounded the same which you agreed on, so stop trying to look for a way to look elite
WHAT'S WITH ALL THE AVENGED SEVENFOLD THREADS THIS WEEK?!

I wrote something awesome a while back, but i found out i ripped off the middle part of Valley of the Damned by Dragonforce.

Bitch.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus

That's not actually far from the truth in a lot of cases. They took a lot of old blues songs without even giving credit to the original. They're still awesome though.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
is it just me or does the main riff from beast and the harlot sound like the second riff from master of puppets? you know this one

A|-----2-----3------4
E|0-1---0-1----0-1

etc etc not bothered enough to tab out the rest of it
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by nao_guy

No, actually but now come to think of it, it does.

But Black Label by Lamb of God sounds just like the fill riff in Walk.

And the bridge riff in Black Label is like the Under-The-Noise riff in Future Breed Machine by Meshuggah.

And Laid to Rest by Lamb of God sounds just like Into The Pit by Testament.

And Machine Head have stolen too mant riffs to list. The even stole a whole intro off of Death.

But I love Machine Head and Lamb of God
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
I made up a cool little tune the other day, then I realised it was the 'shire' theme from LOTR, just played at a different tempo. Dammit!
Quote by South-of-Heaven

And Laid to Rest by Lamb of God sounds just like Into The Pit by Testament.

Imo, i think your talking about the intro/outro, they are in the same feel but not similar (note to note or in a diff key, etc).
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Quote by ep1kz
is it just me or does the main riff from beast and the harlot sound like the second riff from master of puppets? you know this one

A|-----2-----3------4
E|0-1---0-1----0-1

OMG!!! THAT'S THE RIFF I WAS PLAYING AND I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED LIKE MOP AT FIRST TOO....BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO SOUND STUPID LOL!
I had an awesome riff, then I learned what Smoke On The Water sounds like...

I hate people
Quote by To The End
the most likely thing was that you copied in unintentionally

I do this a lot then stop myself when I hear the riff.......Lately I keep ripping off this Rammstein riff and I've done a few Metallica's before.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by ep1kz

A|-----2-----3------4
E|0-1---0-1----0-1

Yeah I realised the same thing after listening to the song once or twice!

Quote by shredder2be93
OMG!!! THAT'S THE RIFF I WAS PLAYING AND I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED LIKE MOP AT FIRST TOO....BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO SOUND STUPID LOL!

Cos MoP is more stupid than avenged sevenfold?
Yeah, I made up the Beast and the Harlot main riff once, well, it was extremely similar, then I played guitar hero 2 and was like NO WAI!
Quote by JustZeroes

Uh, no.
Nah, they're just terrible.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
WooooT! Go Avenged Sevenfold!!
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
I wrote that riff riiight at the end of a tout le monde which was kinda annoying...
And I wrote the whole of the intro of The Small Hours by Holocaust.
Page 1 of 2