hey, i am intending on buying some pedals after i get my new tube amp(fender blues junior) and im preety much set up on what i want:

-dunlop 535Q wah
-EHX BIG Muff pi(USA)
-fuzz(home made by a guy i know)
-Overdrive(TS9 also homemade)
-Homemade Chorus
-BOSS SD-1

now, i will not be able to get them all at once, i will have to get them one by one, and the time waiting between them is undecided(could be a month or 2 or 3)

so, what do you think is the resonable thing to get first, second,third and so on?

PS: i already have a DS-1(dont know if that matters...but FYI..)

thanks!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Last edited by Joey-Tribiani at Aug 9, 2007,
go wah i say, the perfect overdrive and tone arent that hard to achieve on most amps
id get the wah. but it really depends on what music your playing..

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
i play rhcp stuff mostly and a little hendrix, zeppelin, deep purple, that stuff

funk is where i roam lol.....
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

if you could advise on what to get first, second, third and so on....that would be very helpfull to
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

ok, in light of your influences - DEFINATELY the wah! between the ds and ur amp, you should be able to get a pretty decent range of overdrive and distortion anyway.

Quote by Scumbag1792
Well i think the Boss SD-1 is an OD pedal, so if you have hte TS9 you should be set

But i'd deff say the wah
ok after the wah - if your more hendrixy then the fuzz. if your more zeppeliny then the chorus.

Quote by Scumbag1792
Quote by Joey-Tribiani

-dunlop 535Q wah
-EHX BIG Muff pi(USA)
-Homemade Chorus
-BOSS SD-1

Well as was previously stated, get the wah first, that wah is a good choice.

I don't understand why you need all these pedals though, a Big Muff is pretty much a fuzz with some distortion, so you don't need two fuzzes. You also don't need a T-S9 and a SD-1, why would you want 2 overdrive pedals?

If I were you I'd go wah, fuzz, TS9, chorus.

Once you get the TS9, you can stop using the terrible DS1. . .

:Cheers:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Get the wah, and then the chorus pedal, and any other non-distortion. Because if you have the DS-1, and you have the tube amp, you can get some distortion out of it, just not mind blowing... so that's probably what I would do.

And I'm in the same situation as you are. I need a new tube amp, and new overdrive and distortion pedals.
Quote by guitarkid2113
Get the wah, and then the chorus pedal, and any other non-distortion. Because if you have the DS-1, and you have the tube amp, you can get some distortion out of it, just not mind blowing... so that's probably what I would do.

And I'm in the same situation as you are. I need a new tube amp, and new overdrive and distortion pedals.

nice to see a fellow chili fan in the same boat as mine
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

why so many different distortions?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
-dunlop 535Q wah - Get this first, most of those artists use wah and they're great fun.

-EHX BIG Muff pi(USA) - Get this second, for the hendrix/rhcp stuff. Everyone loves a good fuzz.

-fuzz(home made by a guy i know) - Why do you need two fuzz pedals?

-Overdrive(TS9 also homemade) - Get this third. The BJ has good OD on its own, and fuzz will sound very different to normal overdrive, so you get more variety. You can boost the BJ with your DS1 until you can get the OD.

-Homemade Chorus - Last, chorus is good for getting a slightly different sound but I wouldn't consider it essential.

-BOSS SD-1 - Why do you need two overdrive pedals?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Scrap the big muff and the sd-1

get the wah first, then the fuzz, then the chorus, then the ts9
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
hey, i am intending on buying some pedals after i get my new tube amp(fender blues junior) and im preety much set up on what i want:

-dunlop 535Q wah
-EHX BIG Muff pi(USA)
-Homemade Chorus
-BOSS SD-1

now, i will not be able to get them all at once, i will have to get them one by one, and the time waiting between them is undecided(could be a month or 2 or 3)

so, what do you think is the resonable thing to get first, second,third and so on?

PS: i already have a DS-1(dont know if that matters...but FYI..)

thanks!

throw away the ds-1. i jest. but seriously, if you get the tubescreamer and the big muff, you wont use it. on another note about dirtboxes, why the big muff and the homemade fuzz. you know that the big muff is a fuzz too? if i were you, i'd be going for a second dirtbox that isnt a fuzz, rather than getting two. then again, i have two rats and love them and really like having two. but still. dont bother with the chorus because chorus is bad. DEFINITELY dont get the sd-1. it isnt good. i mean seriously, you've got one bad dirtbox, you're looking at buying another bad one and three that arent. not necessary. replace it with a proco rat or something. or even better, replace one of the fuzzes with a rat, and just dont bother with the extra dirtbox. when you're starting on the road of effects, you dont need too much dirt. you'd be better off dropping two and getting a nice, versatile delay for the money you saved.

personally, i wouldnt even bother with the wah, because wah sounds awful, but if you like it, go for it. probably go first, with that, since you already have a dirtbox and since chorus is the worst effect in the world ever. after flange.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I say mod the sd-1 and get a vox instead of a dunlop.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
^no can do guitarninja, vox arent possible to get in israel as far as i know, and i am not buying online, i will test EVERYTHING before i buy it.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

First purchase would be a toss-up between the wah and distortion. I'd lean toward the distortion as that seems to be the first line of complaint with the Blues Junior (which I think is a terrific little amp.) Then phaser or flanger, chorus and an Electroharmonix Holy Grail (I don't remember whether or not BJ's have reverb.) For me since I don't usually like a completely dry signal the reverb would be number 2. Last maybe a compressor.