i agree with walter..... if you want to play sitting. you got to get the kh202

but the other one is quite beastly if you do a lot of gigs.
Neither. Get a non signature guitar for the same price, it'll be far better.

Those are both overpriced guitars. My mate has the KH202 and it's horrible.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
id go maverick then if your in the UK. i have an F3 with an SD invader in the bridge and it is the sex!

the stock humbucker was ace too, i swapped it out as an experiment and havent been arsed to swap it back
Last edited by doddsie_105 at Aug 9, 2007,
dont get one then

at those prices you could get a half decent ibby or jackson that you could rip the pickups out and maybe drop in a set of EMGs or SDs
Get an M200FM. Better quality guitar, fancy binding, and a set-neck.. and about £100 cheaper.

Edit: And the Alexi-200 is trash. Look at the ESP Japan website, then go to the Artist series, and Alexi's page. Look at the E-AL-128, then try to get one. You'll thank yourself.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/alexi_laiho/index.html

Last edited by -MintSauce- at Aug 9, 2007,
Quote by timi_hendrix

agreed. maybe an ibanez s470?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by timi_hendrix

I bought an Ibanez RGR321EX for half the price of the KH202, and it pisses all over it. You can't beat an Ibanez if you're going for a bolt-on. The necks are the same as are used on the more expensive models, and they have sculpted heels. The upper fret access is better than a set-neck, but not as good as a neck-thru. Also, if people like Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, and Joe Satriani are happy with an Ibanez bolt-on, you aren't going to find a problem with it.
Ibanez S470 as Dave said
LTD MH-400 (I think it has a good trem)
Washburn X40

I dunno about the prices of those, they should be within your budget.

Any LTD below the 400 series isn't worth it really. Made of Agathis and for the most part, rubbish hardware.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by -MintSauce-
The necks are the same as are used on the more expensive models

they aren't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've played an s470 at the local shop around here. Best guitar in there for that price range, very nice feel and the intonation was spot on. If I'm thinking of the same model, it also had coil tapping which is a nice little feature.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by Dave_Mc
they aren't.

Most of the models between the really cheap ones and Prestige lines use Wizard II profiles. Granted, the construction of the necks differs between models (bolt-on, set, neck-thru), but they 'should' play the same. They're also all composed of maple, with a rosewood fretboard.
^ ah, i was counting prestige and j-custom as the expensive ones...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?