View poll results: Which Guitar?
Fender Strat
5 36%
Gibson Les Paul
5 36%
Other Guitar
4 29%
Voters: 14.
I have a fender FM65R amp and the sound Im looking for is kind of like the old sound (eric clapton and hendrix) just with heavy distortion and I also like a little bit of funk sometimes . But im looking for a new guitar to replace my squier, Ive had it for way too long. Im either going with a Stantard Strat or a Gibson les Paul or do you think I should try out a different guitar before I buy
You'd want the Strat naming things you have. If you put a humbucker in the bridge you can switch between a Strat and a LP (in a sense). I think Strats can sound like LP's, but not the other way around.
well both hendrix and clapton played strats
you would be very well off with buying a new amp though...amp>guitar

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
well both hendrix and clapton played strats
you would be very well off with buying a new amp though...amp>guitar

They also both played SGs.

I agree with the amp remark. What guitar are you playing at the moment? You should seriously consider upgrading to tube.
i voted strat but afterwards i realized....... ES-335? got a very bluesy tone and clapton used one in cream, and clapton also used a gibson SG before using a strat
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
yeah, get a new amp. how much money are you willing to spend? you could maybe upgrade both.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If youve got an unlimited budget Id say go for a gibson es335

But if you want something a bit cheeper try either the strat or the lp, or even a standard tele

Belive me try out the guitars before you buy them [if you havent already],It'll make your decision that bit easyer
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I was just going to save for about 300-400 because thats around what the two guitars cost. but if im going to get a good amp thats around $600 more and I dont have a job im only 14 but I finally found my tone that I like
maybe a yamaha pacifica 112 or aes 420 (both are around $200 online), combined with a roland cube 30 or vox valvetronix?

that's what i'd consider...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hendrix played a white sg custom once (i think it said les paul on it)
Quote by init24
hendrix played a white sg custom once (i think it said les paul on it)

That's because he played one of the Les Paul SG models, from when they were first introduced and produced. They were released as Les Paul models.
Im fine with my amp it already has a sound that is close enough