ok so i use firefox most of the time but internet explorer sometimes. for both of them it takes a while for it to come up. i can click on them on my desktop then 20 seconds later it pops up. how can i speed this up?
i would download and run lavasoft's ad-aware and also crap cleaner. run them both and you will likely see improvement.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
^actually it's more likely to be the amount of RAM he has.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

close the pron thats opened in windows media player.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
ok i found out how.

processor: x86 family 15 model 2 stepping 7 genuineIntel ~1993 Mhz
physical memory: 256 mb
virtual memory : 2gb
sounds like you need more ram, I've 256 as well and my computer's a piece of crap.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
anything i can do without goin out and buying anything? like run a program to clean my computer up or something. i just ran disk cleanup
Quote by fenderbassist12
anything i can do without goin out and buying anything? like run a program to clean my computer up or something. i just ran disk cleanup

You could possibly downgrade your o/s, i.e. XP would use most of your RAM, so getting an earlier version might ease the workload, but it will suck.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Firefox only requires 64mb of RAM, and XP only requires 128MB (but will run off of 64, albeit not well). If memory is a problem it is because you have too much stuff running, probably in the background. Spyware will eat up any available memory, so, like I said, download and run ad-aware and crap cleaner. It's cheaper than buying more RAM, don't ya think?
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)