http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/industry_news/mp3_virus.html

If it goes for mp3 files, why not compress your music in winrar or even kbg archiver to make it compressed more than winrar?

How to remove

Click Start > Run.
Type regedit 
Click OK.

Note: If the registry editor fails to open the threat may have modified the registry to prevent access to the registry editor. Security Response has developed a tool to resolve this problem. Download and run this tool, and then continue with the removal.

Navigate to and delete the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\"Worms" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\logon.bat"

Restore the following registry entries to their previous values, if required:

HKEY_ALL_USERS\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\"NoFolderOptions" = "1"
HKEY_ALL_USERS\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\"DisableTaskMgr" = "1"

Exit the Registry Editor.
Last edited by sunnysayshi at Aug 10, 2007,
eh ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

That's one son of a bitchin' virus.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Like I said in the comments...

A virus called 'VirusW32' won't exactly go un-noticed if it's on your pc...
Quote by noxiosimitator
eh ?

+1
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana

Even if this was made to "combat piracy", what about all the fucking legitimate mp3s I have on my computer? And the ones I record? The ones I use for videos I create? All the CDs I spent time ripping onto my computer from CDs I bought?!

I seriously hope this is bullshit... or that I never get hit with it...
I didn't have a signature until now.
this is not good. while i do download a lot, i purchase a lot too to support the artists...and now this is ognna go through and destroy everything.

i bet the RIAA is having a field day...pricks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
According to the article, there are "gangs" of people who engineer viruses to **** with people like that.

Great... Nerdgangs.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Aussieloco
My other computer got hit with it.

My other penis is a vagina

But anyways, all Viruses are illegial, so up yours RIAA
Quote by gallagher2006
My other penis is a vagina

But anyways, all Viruses are illegial, so up yours RIAA

What does that have to do with anything?
The RIAA would never dream of doing this, the legal repercussions would be far too great.

Im guessing its the work of a 1337 haxxor.
Quote by Aussieloco
Were you just trying to get sigged?

no I was reffering to the point you made that your other computer got it, and thought of a funny Family Guy moment

Don't read too much into it
wonderfull, now i have to back all my music to and external sorce
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
How to remove

Click Start > Run.
Type regedit 
Click OK.

Note: If the registry editor fails to open the threat may have modified the registry to prevent access to the registry editor. Security Response has developed a tool to resolve this problem. Download and run this tool, and then continue with the removal.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\"Worms" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\logon.bat"

HKEY_ALL_USERS\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\"NoFolderOptions" = "1"
HKEY_ALL_USERS\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\"DisableTaskMgr" = "1"

Quote by sunnysayshi
How to remove

Click Start > Run.
Type regedit
Click OK.

OMG!

im gonna do that right now so that I get rid of it.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Like I said in the comments...

A virus called 'VirusW32' won't exactly go un-noticed if it's on your pc...

But it wouldn't be called that. Theres a thing called a Trojan. But it's not called "IM A TROJAN.dll" is it? :P:
Quote by sunnysayshi
But it wouldn't be called that. Theres a thing called a Trojan. But it's not called "IM A TROJAN.dll" is it? :P:

it said in the article that it was virus w32 but i think it was incorrect formatting.

its called w32.delete music or something
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I love my Mac!

Giggity Giggity Goo!
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa