hey m8 that was awsome hope ya win!!! HOPEFULLY ppl vote u on playing not tone :] playing was awsome didnt like tone but that isnt your fault. i duno maybe just be but sound like u were just a bit outa tempo on the begining BUT! it was awsome
you not going to win that competition kid.

1) you don't have the whole thing done
2) there is a lot of exess noise from hitting the string when your not supposed to around 9 secs or so
3) play clean. you distorted tone is horrible. you need a new amp way more than that guitar. get an Epi valve junior(go tube trust me)
4) you need more practice, your bends suck and your picking isn't very articulate or smooth

i gave it a 7, harsh, yes but you don't really deserve the jem if you can't play that piece PERFECTLY do you? maybe(if you can) rerecord the piece perfect

but this dude will own u kid. this is a grown up competition now(and that grown up isn't even that good)

now i crited yours so you should take a look at this riff it's not even for crit you just need to answer a question really
Last edited by British_Steal at Aug 9, 2007,
Quote by British_Steal
you not going to win that competition kid.

1) you don't have the whole thing done
2) there is a lot of exess noise from hitting the string when your not supposed to around 9 secs or so
3) play clean. you distorted tone is horrible. you need a new amp way more than that guitar. get an Epi valve junior(go tube trust me)
4) you need more practice, your bends suck and your picking isn't very articulate or smooth

i gave it a 7, harsh, yes but you don't really deserve the jem if you can't play that piece PERFECTLY do you? maybe(if you can) rerecord the piece perfect

but this dude will own u kid. this is a grown up competition now(and that grown up isn't even that good)

now i crited yours so you should take a look at this riff it's not even for crit you just need to answer a question really

Thank you
Sorry, I can't afford to buy a new amp...
Quote by snoopydawggy
Thank you
Sorry, I can't afford to buy a new amp...

well when ya get the chance get an epiphone valve junior it's about $150+ or so. Maybe
try to save up or if you do win(who knows) then sell the jem and get the amp
Quote by British_Steal
well when ya get the chance get an epiphone valve junior it's about $150+ or so. Maybe
try to save up or if you do win(who knows) then sell the jem and get the amp

Would you sell a guitar like that in order to get a $150 amp? I wouldn't...

TS, I thought that whilst your recording was OK, I do aggree that your tone leaves a bit to be desired and maybe you should do a different song other thatn Eruption, it's like every other entry I see in guitar competions is that song.
Funny words.
yeah its pretty good, but you missed out the best part - wheres the tapping sequence?!?
Did you speed parts of the video up and slow down other parts to your usual speed?
Cause it really seems that way.

EDIT:
No offence, just the speed your face and neck is moving.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Sick dude. The only problem that I saw was that you need more distortion. Other than that, great job.