Hey guys. Just wonderin' if anyone could help me out a little bit. I've had a GNX multi-effects pedal for a few years now (and I'm kind of sick of it) and I think I'm ready to step up to some analog effects for the "sweet" and "warm" tone that is so mythically spoken of. My band plays alot of blues-rock and the occasional psychadelic tune. We also cover some Pink Floyd, Clapton, Zeppelin, and Hendrix, so getting some of their kinds of tones are important for the most part (I personally don't beleive in sounding exactly like someone else or playing their music exactly how it's writtin, but being close to the sound or the music is fine... to me). I've got a Fender Powerhouse Strat and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (back up... I'm a Strat guy) runnin' through a Marshall MG 50... yes an MG 50... sorry. I'm hoping to upgrade to a Peavey Valveking or something of that nature. Just lookin for a few pedals to get me started. I was thinkin about a RAT distortion... i've heard they are very versital, some kind of overdrive, and some kind of delay or maybe a phaser... just to start off. Thanks in advance for any input and sorry for the long post.
Big Muff Pi for Distortion/Fuzz, Boss DD-3 (or DD-6) for Delay, Vox V847A Wah. That should be a nice beginning pedal board setup.
Last edited by georgemccupcake at Aug 9, 2007,
yea i would suggest against the VK. get a blues deluxe, or a crate palomino V32. both nice amps. an OCD should do for an OD, and would couple nicely. the vox wah sugested above, and a DD-3
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
If you like peavey, get the Classic 30. It's perfect for what you want. I'll second the Big Muff, but instead of a bad, tone-sucking, boss digital delay, get an overdrive pedal (possibly tube screamer or OCD). It will be much more useful to you, i promise. A wah isn't a bad acquisition either.

The most important point, though, is that you need to upgrade your amp FIRST, then worry about adding pedals. Nothing will sound good through your MG.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
^ +1 i forgot aboutthe classic 30 it will nail those tones better than the 2 i suggested
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Awesome. Thanks alot. I completly for got about a wah pedal. What about a crybaby... Vox will be better? I didn't think about Big Muff either... doesn't Gilmour use one of those? And what is an OCD (sorry). Thanks for the input... and i'll check out those amps... classic 30 looks nice but a litttle pricy. I'm really diggin the Palmino.
Last edited by blackie88 at Aug 9, 2007,