I'm trying to learn the piano right now. I play by ear cause its easier for me.
If I only had to play either the left hand or right hand melody its easy. But as soon as I Have to play both hands together it gets ten times harder!

So my question is how do coordinate both hands?
you'll want to play it a hell of a lot slower. like maybe 1/8 or 1/4 time. dont use a metronome, cause metronomes suck and screw you up. what song are you tring to learn?
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by jeff541
you'll want to play it a hell of a lot slower. like maybe 1/8 or 1/4 time. dont use a metronome, cause metronomes suck and screw you up. what song are you tring to learn?

I'm trying to learn the first song in this, its duck tales
I figured out all the notes I just can't coordinate the left and right hands.
yea then just keep playing a lot slower. if you can get through the wholes ong going osmehting like 1/4 speed then just keep practicing it but getting fast each time
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
It takes years of practice to be able to play with both hands quickly. But until then, you have to take is painstakingly slow. Make sure you hit all the notes, and dont rush.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by scarlet20
I'm trying to learn the piano right now. I play by ear cause its easier for me.
If I only had to play either the left hand or right hand melody its easy. But as soon as I Have to play both hands together it gets ten times harder!

i am having the same problem
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by jeff541
. dont use a metronome, cause metronomes suck and screw you up.

you

FAIL

do use a metronome. just go slower for a while until you get the hang of it.

DO use a metronome otherwise you will have difficulty keeping good time later on without one.

I wrote up quite a post explaining specific exercises and what not, but then it dawned on me that I could sum it up rather simply in one sentence.

Always think ahead of the music.

The above elaborated....

When practicing, do not think where you are, for the time to prepare has already passed. Rather think where you are going.

The above elaborated even more...

When practicing, think before you move, feel before you move, and hear before you move. If you haven't thought, felt, or heard before you perform your desired action, your practice will be stagnant and will not see fruition. All aspects of music, the mechanical, the theoretical, and the sensational should be practiced in such a way so as to become subconscious, and thus effortless.

So now that I've given you this tidbit, how do we tie it in to your current plight? Well as you are dealing primarily with the mechanical aspect of playing, feel the movement of your hands in unison within each musical moment (every moment a note or combination of notes are played). You may want even to practice playing the C major scale (All white keys) with both hands very slowly before you try playing the piece you wish to play.