I recently purchased a guitar, (Jackson Kelly, if it matters) and it came with a double-locking Floyd Rose with the Locking Nut. I thought this was pretty cool at the time. However, I've recently noticed that whenever I tune my guitar, it tends to start tuning itself.

Example. I wanted to tune down to D Standard, so I started off dropping the E, and after I had, the A string had shot up about a quarter step. I figured it was always like this, so I just tuned it down to G anyways. However, this shot up all the other strings again, including my low E string. Long story short, it took about 15 minutes to tune it back to standard.

If you get what I mean, could I get some help? I mean, is it the bridge, the strings, or just the guitar? It's really starting to annoy me, seeing as I can't even just quick tune down to Drop-D without all the other strings messing themselves up. And also, they seem to "go crazy" even when the Locking Nut is on.

Help, please?
It's a Floyd-Rose.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
That's how tuning with a floyd rose is, just gotta get better at it i suppose
Is this your first floating trem?

You can't really re tune a floyd like that..... basically the springs in the back of your geetar resist a certain amount of pull on them which equals your tuning you had in the first place.... therefore you decrease pitch you lower the tension you stings are giving and the floyd pulls more and your other strings go out of tune.....

Look around for articles on setting up a floating trem.....

Sorry just got in from work and i'm tired hence bad explanation.
[
u might have the wrong gauge of strings, the strings on that should be .009 - .042
In answer to some queries;

1) Yes, this is my first floating Floyd Rose, but not my first Floyd Rose.

2) I have no idea what gauge of strings are on it, however I guess I should shoot for 9's.
That's what happens with a floating bridge, if you change the tuning of one string you affect all the others - that's why you don't change tunings with a floyd, just pick one and stick with it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by adam1451
u might have the wrong gauge of strings, the strings on that should be .009 - .042

No, they shouldn't.

Quote by Scuzzmo

You can't really re tune a floyd like that..... basically the springs in the back of your geetar resist a certain amount of pull on them which equals your tuning you had in the first place.... therefore you decrease pitch you lower the tension you stings are giving and the floyd pulls more and your other strings go out of tune.....

There you go.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do