What exactly does it do? I've read the synopsis on it but I'm still a bit confused. So let me get this straight...

If you have a MIDI compatible amp/effects you can hook it up to the unit and be able to turn on multiple effects and change the channel of the amp with one click of a button?

Another question, how do I know if my amp/effects are MIDI compatible?
Quote by im fresh to it
What exactly does it do? I've read the synopsis on it but I'm still a bit confused. So let me get this straight...

If you have a MIDI compatible amp/effects you can hook it up to the unit and be able to turn on multiple effects and change the channel of the amp with one click of a button?

Another question, how do I know if my amp/effects are MIDI compatible?

are they rackmounted? if not, they probably arent.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by im fresh to it
What would be an example of rackmounted?

not a stompbox.
Ah, good example. Hahaha, I see. Well what about my amp? How do I know if that is MIDI compatible?
Quote by im fresh to it
Ah, good example. Hahaha, I see. Well what about my amp? How do I know if that is MIDI compatible?

does it have a midi connection? also, if it isnt seperate pre and power rack mount sections, probably not.
The Ground Control Pro is a MIDI pedalboard. There are no effects built into it. The Ground Control Pro was built as a companion product to the GCX rack switching system. The GCX has 8 loops, which can also act as ground/tip switching mechanisms for amplifiers. Your pedals do not need to be MIDI compatible to be controlled with the GCX system as long as you have the GCX rack controller and the Ground Control Pro.