hey there all. now ive been looking into tube amps recently (note the sig i play a Behringer SS) and looked at the Peavy Windsor and found an amazing deal.

now ive read that the cleans arent that clean and this this thing actually kicks out the gain pretty high. now i play all kinds of music and i think thats why this amp will be good for me.

i would appreciate any feedback form people who have it or who have played it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I've played it. It was pretty damn good. It has a nice cranked Marshall sound. It's probably not good for super-heavy modern metal, but it has plenty of gain.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
theres one good review. and i dont PLAY super heavy metal. i only listen lol.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
anyone else?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
What do you play? I happen to own one and I absolutely love it. Combined with a Tubescreamer, it can do anything. And it is possible to get really nice cleans out of it, just don't expect to be able to switch to distortion immediately.
well slinky, i play a lot of alt rock to be honest. but also some metal and tool as well. so i like to switch from clean to distorted a lot. i also have the EHX metal muff. how do you think that would sound with it?

and if and when i get it, you may be getting a PM about figuring some nice settings out on it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Use your Behringer for cleans and the Windsor for your crunch.
That's what I do and it works out beautifully.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

^I second that completely. I'm doing that with my friend's Peavey Classic Chorus in our band.

I personally find the overdrive crunch on the amp the best part about it. I run my guitar into the Low Gain input because my band is really late 60s/early 70s Garage Rock Psychadelic Blues and I love the Angus Young overdrive it can produce. However, I am also a huuuuge Tool fan and with the right EQ and overdrive it could achieve those tones.

The Metal Muff would NOT do good with it considering that the amp is already distorted.

I'd use the High Gain input and set the gain to about 7 and set the 3 band EQ as you wish (but do NOT scoop mids!!). Presence, Resonance, and Volume all maxed out (try testing it with an attenuator). That will give you a driving hard rock sound.
now this being only my third amp, (after almost 6 years of playing) this will probibly be around for a looooooooooong time as long as it doesnt blow or break, how would i go about using the behringer for cleans and the winsor for distorted? one of those switch boxes? run it stereo somehow? the GMX210 is only like a 60w (i think) SS combo. yea...i kinda am an amp noob. just never had much experience.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
with a metall muff...this thing is badass...for modern metal stuff
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Using a distortion pedal with that amp defeats the object of it completely.

You can roll down your guitar's volume knob for cleans, but they won't be great.

You COULD use your Behringer for cleans, but it'll sound impossibly lifeless compared to the Windsor.

Try looking at a similarly priced 2-channel valve amp if you really need to switch between cleans and distortion a lot. The Windsor is great though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by numbfinger
with a metall muff...this thing is badass...for modern metal stuff

Actually, thats exactly what I've been doing, too. My JCM900 has been down on and off recently, so I picked up a Windsor used and WOW, was I impressed with the tone. True, the cleans arent that great, but if you throw on some chorus and roll back the guitar's volume it cleans up enough for say the intro to Sweet Home Alabama or American Girl.
Not Fender clean, but clean enough I guess.
The gain is where this amp shines, though. Sounds VERY similar to my old JCM800 2204 and christ, for 300 bucks you cant beat it. It lacks reverb, but its really not a big deal.
If you want to go metal, do exactly what the dude I quoted said...go get a metal muff and turn the preamp volume to around 4-5 and you got all the chugging and pinch harmonics that your bad attempt at a Pantera song can handle...
I like it and mine is currently for sale because I ordered a Carvin V3.
Hope that helps
well i already have the metal muff, but ill try it with and without the muff when i get it. and honestly, i dont need fender clean.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i dont like it too much
try a used 5150 you could most likely find it for around 500
and dont listen to people who say the cleans suck
I don't like as i lay dying
I have one. It has enough gain for stuff like Sabbath, but whenever I play Early ozzy, it is a little lacking. I have been using an eq as a booster, and now the baby shines. I can get a killer Rhoads sound. I have owned a 5150, and the windsor suits my tastes much better.
thanks for more positive feedback aild and gunther. i was starting to doubt my decision, but you guys are keeping me interested. and like i said, i dont need a perfect clean. a little grit isnt a bad thing. plus i could just roll back the vol knob.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Rolling back the volume knob won't exactly cut it for the Windsor. What I do for cleans (when the Peavey isn't around) Is I roll back the amp's gain down and my volume until the cleans are good enough and then turn my tubescreamer on and roll the volume up to get overdriven sounds. Not distorted, just lightly overdriven.

Basically, I would recomend getting an A/B box and put one of the new Boss Fender amp pedals in front of the Behringer. This won't make it amazing, but it will definately color your clean tone slightly.