my uncle gave me one as a gift (and he's rich) but idk what to do with it...i can only make it do weird noises that don't sound that good to me...he told me that if i want something else, i can return it, i checked on GC and it's $275! should i return the pedal and get something better that i need or should i keep it?? is there a way to actually use it to make music?? is it a good pedal??
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Aug 9, 2007,
ring mod's are made to make funky "what the hell" sounds. they're not really melodical (is that word? i like it.). if it doesn't fit your playing, get something else!
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Well first of all, congrats on getting a Moog, they're great pedals for making different sounds. I had a Ring Modulator once and i found it can be cool for using on songs if you're looking for something a bit different but if it's something musical you're after then it probably won't do the trick.
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
its one of those things that if you have the cash and nothing else to get, why not? but for a budget and function-concerned guitarist, not very useful.

returning it would give you 275+whatever small cash you want to throw in extra to spend on one, two, or easily 3 effects you will actually use.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Moog make some amazingly crazy effects - Id really like one of the MuRFs.
the solo to Black Sabbath's Paranoid has got a ring modulator on it

if you tune the frequency if the carrier signal exactly to to chord you're playing or the key you're in you can get some pretty neat sound, it adds some pretty interesting overtones if you blend it with the clean signal.
Quote by Cultlife
Moog make some amazingly crazy effects - Id really like one of the MuRFs.

X2 what an amazing pedal!!!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2