so. a week ago i canceled an order from musiciansfriend because they are having gay warehouse issues and im sick of waiting on my strap to get here.

today when i get home, i see a box from musicians friend. inside is a pack of Joe Satriani medium picks and a 12 pack of Dunlop Jazz III 1.38mm or something like that picks.

i didnt order either of these, and they didnt even pack an invoice dealy with it.

so what do i do? do i do the right think and send them back because i didnt pay for them, or the fun thing and open them up and make beautiful music with them?
If your wiener is happy, then you're happy.
Make beautiful music. If they didn't bother putting an invoice dealy with it, then it's their fault.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Why not do the honourable thing and email them to ask about them.

That way they either let you keep them, or they ask you to send them back...in which case you may be without the free stuff, but you covered yourself against karma
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
^but theyll be like "bitch give them back or we'll call the cops" if i email them.

i like those picks.

but if i keep them, thats basically stealing and itll come back to haunt me in my dreams.

Man, I'm havin' the same problem with my mandolin, Musician's Friend sucks right now. Take the picks in response to them being assholes.
Keep 'em. I would.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
how can you resist FREE picks.. Even better than regular picks, because its free

On the one hand, the right thing to do would be to send them back.

But on the other hand, they're picks. So who really gives a damn?
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Stick it to the man and keep the pics!

Deny all, make counter acusations, defeat your enemy!
They won't bother taking them back if you do tell them [which you should do, they'll probably end up trying to charge you for them otherwise] - they're only plectrums and not of worth to have the whole issue of paying for sending them back etc
Quote by LustGardenBlues
^but theyll be like "bitch give them back or we'll call the cops" if i email them.

i like those picks.

but if i keep them, thats basically stealing and itll come back to haunt me in my dreams.

I'm sorry...how is it stealing if they GAVE THEM TO YOU? If eventually they raise any questions you could say "Sorry, I thought you were giving them to me to compensate for your ****ty service in regards to my strap."

A pic is no trade off for a strap, get on the blower, you have rights.
No not like that, I mean they should give himself something as well as the strap, you know how it goes, they dick you about, and they give you a gift so that you don't take legal action.

CHILL OUT TS!!!
Think about it rationaly

Plectrums worth probably like $8 in total [complete guess]
Postage to send them back or get them collected - $5/Petrol money and courier time
The company - Big big big company with lots of business and insurance

That small mistake they made isn't going to get you sued
Just email them and say you got them, i severly doubt they'll want them back
keep it, i ordered about 10 packs of strings from them 3 weeks ago, they havent even shipped yet
Oh and not meaning to double post, but I've looked at the site..theose picks cost 3 quid for 12, it's gonna cost at least that to get staff to email you and enforce the law.

Quote by Bennetts_strat
I'm sorry...how is it stealing if they GAVE THEM TO YOU? If eventually they raise any questions you could say "Sorry, I thought you were giving them to me to compensate for your ****ty service in regards to my strap."

i just kind of felt like it was stealing because i didnt order them. i ordered another Satriani strap.

they gave me satriani picks.

they know i love satriani...

AHH! they're already onto me!!!!