Ok, folks. The previous thread is in my siggy for this. I thought it would be nice to have a new, and clean thread. Some folks wanted photos, so what the hell.

Wouldn't run, turns out the fuel pump was broke.

She's home

with an awesome hood

and she's a little beat up

Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
It's ok though, we have parts for her

and cool louvers right out of the 80's

spent some time with her sister

She had to be put on a little life support

so i bought some parts

and then she went under extereme surgery

and still has to be cleaned up before she's put back in one piece

she's looking cleaner already

More coming soon. Thought you all might like it all in one place.
Don´t know much about cars, but I think it´ll look cool.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
That hood makes me want to vomit... Not in an anti-american way, just I hate stuff like that...

Its looking good, though. I wish I knew something about cars.
Quote by awk_rules
what a pile of crap

Or a work of art?
Block is CLEAN, and im about finished cleaning the bottom of the head. Also, 4 speed FTW.
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
That hood makes me want to vomit... Not in an anti-american way, just I hate stuff like that...

Its looking good, though. I wish I knew something about cars.

I'd have to agree.

And its a German car anyways.. I say get rid of that hood.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I say you should cover it in stainless steel and make it like a mini DeLorean
Quote by kaptink
I say you should cover it in stainless steel and make it like a mini DeLorean

+1
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

making it a delorean would be so blasphemous, almost as much so as that godforsaken hood

and yeah, all the old v-dubs had 4 speeds. im surprised it has an inline 4 though. i thought it would have a DOHC engine, more like the beetle. meh, shows how much i know. and your quite lucky that the engine doesn't have anything wrong with it besides being old and dirty. overall, its awesome and i hope you don't hit too many roadblocks with it
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
****ing FTP, i swear. The photos were changed. GRRRRRR

Anyway, I replaced the valve steam seals. I'd never be able to afford to have the valves reseated. These 8V motors are bomb proof anyway.

I have a few more things to hookup, like coolant lines, and vacume lines, and I'll start it. It's currently running straight off the header I installed. I still have to place the exhaust resonater on. Scroll up and you'll see the messed up photos of the actual after.

I'll be power washing all the rest of that gunk off. So excuse the dirt on the parts that weren't removed. The inline 4's were used from '75 to current. The fuel systems change by year, and the '85 and up motors with the GTI package were DOCH 16V inline 4's.

I'm cranking her over tomorrow for the first time, and she shall be LOUD.

Edit: Almost forgot. I have a hood lined up. I'll be hanging that hood on my bedroom wall. That car is also American, believe it. It was made in Westmorland, PA., designed by an italian guy (same guy that designed the early Porsche cars), and orginated from Volkswagen of Germany. The square headlights usually mean American, along with some other stuff. Soon she'll look representable.
Last edited by Ehh at Aug 11, 2007,
Quote by Aussieloco
The hood makes me wanna vomit... in an anti-American way...

PAINT OVER IIIIIIIT!

Leave the hood alone. :/ And read my edit.
Quote by Mr_BTP
making it a delorean would be so blasphemous, almost as much so as that godforsaken hood

and yeah, all the old v-dubs had 4 speeds. im surprised it has an inline 4 though. i thought it would have a DOHC engine, more like the beetle. meh, shows how much i know. and your quite lucky that the engine doesn't have anything wrong with it besides being old and dirty. overall, its awesome and i hope you don't hit too many roadblocks with it

LOL.

Surprised ? Yeah because there sure is a "V-4" Engine. C'mon dude.

BTW I love rabbits, an 86 with the 1.8L from a newer GOLF was my first car. I used to baby it so much, and I loved the acceleration and handling. Seriously, they're amazing cars.

Yours is a air-cooled 1.6L right ? or is it water cooled D:!!!.

Hey I wanna join the VW club, I drive an '07 GTI.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Quote by Pertenozzo
LOL.

Surprised ? Yeah because there sure is a "V-4" Engine. C'mon dude.

BTW I love rabbits, an 86 with the 1.8L from a newer GOLF was my first car. I used to baby it so much, and I loved the acceleration and handling. Seriously, they're amazing cars.

Yours is a air-cooled 1.6L right ? or is it water cooled D:!!!.

Hey I wanna join the VW club, I drive an '07 GTI.

I made a UG group. Love these new profile things.

It's a 1.7L watercooled actually. All Rabbits were watercooled, they were what saved VW from surviving an untimley death. You had an awesome year for the Golf. They were still using the CIS fuel system except with a bit more computers called CIS-E.

VW also made a motor called a VR6. 6 cylinders in the space of 4. They were offset at 15 degress. My family has been hard core dubbers and my dad happens to be friends with a very experienced VW mechanic, soon to be retired from his projects. He's really taught me A LOT, and is still wanting to teach me how to work on those funky diesesls.

Edit: I reread his post. There were DOHC 4 cylinders. 0.o
I would kill a hobo for a Rabbit. Major plus points for the manual transmission.
Quote by XtremeSkater69
"AW YEA BITCH BAWLS IN DA ASS" while his homies in the background are like, "YEA ANTOINE FREAK DAT BITCH!!!!!"

I wanna be Jackie Onassis
I wanna wear a pair of dark sunglasses
I wanna be Jackie oh oh OH OH PLEASE DON'T DIE