Page 1 of 2
firstly who of you have long hair? and secondly do you find it attracts unwanted attention from gangs of chavs ,gangsta Asians (pakistani teenagers who are obsessed with rap and anything that will make them "gangsta") or your countries equivalent.
in england i find this a problem luckily im a fairly big guy but i was attacked by a group of "gangstas" for having long hair. i had just got off the bus coming home from college and was attacked sheerly for the fact i had long hair.
is this a problem for any of you?
I'm sure you had just got beat up for long hair.... I am sure the "gangstas" yelled 'Hey, you have long hair, LETS GET HIM BOOOOOYZ!!"

And yes, I have long hair, but nobodies really cares.
Not a problem for me.

Girls like it
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
yeah mine is quite far down my back. i got more **** about it from chavs when it was shoulder length oddly enough...
GEAR
PRS Custom 24
Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
Attacked? Only shouted out.

We don't get that kind of scum in the South of England *eats scone*.
Had long hair until a week ago. Then I was forced to cut it. Even though I have short hair now, I am still one sexy devil.

And there's not too many chavs where I live, and they pretty much keep to themselves.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I used to have way long hair. It was so long I could put it in my belt loop if I tilted my head back. Eventually I just shaved my head and realized I looked like a tool with long hair. It was something I never realized until I cut it.
yea I do, but girls like it like said before.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
my hair reaches my ass and i have never been attack for it. It gives me more positive things (girls love my hair) than negative. Have been shouted at a couple times but nothing more.
only my brother dicks around with me for having it

seriously though asians =/= pakistinians
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Well, I can have a rather mean looking facade, especially with long hair, so no.
I don't get jumped. A few comments every now and then, but meh.
Spiral Out
English people are weird, if they attack or get attacked for having long hair.

thats why its great to live in the U.S. because people only attack you for your skin color not for your hair length
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Been verbally abused not physically attacked (yet). Was called "Luke Mitchell" by some brainless moron (to be read Ned or Chav)
my band Crimson Angel

PM me if you're interested in drumming for us
Peeps I know don't like my hair long cuz my bangs cover my "sexy eyes and eyebrows". And I can't pull of parting my hair.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I'm up in Scotland, used to have hair about shoulderlength and i got **** for it regurarly. things being shouted at me like 'Girl' or 'emo'. But im 6ft5 so normally thats as far as they get. I may get offended if they could think of something more creative than that.
Quote by _testament_
Go drink some fucking bleach, asshole.

Gear
Jackson RX10D - Fitted with a Bareknuckle Warpig
Ibanez SA36FM
Squire Strat
Marshall MG250DFX
Boss Metalzone

For Sale:

Kustom 10w amp
Various Daphon Pedals
My family gives me crap about it, and people tell me to cut it, but that's about it.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
No not really only just shouted at by chavs "get you haircut mosher m8". My girlfriend Loves my hair though

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Quote by RB cam RB
Not a problem for me.

Girls like it

yeah man, most girls dig my long hair for one reason or another, or in one way or another. But, I do get hastled every so often, but usualy by midle aged men that don't have any hair, so I'll be like "I don't give you **** about being bald, so why don't you leave me the hell alone?"
I have long hair, not as long as most metal heads but longer than most guys. my hairs not stick straight either. its wavy and thick. kinda like george harrisons hair on the cover of let it be... but more messy haha. girls really like it and thats all that really matters
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
What the hell? You get attacked in England if you have long hair?

Wow.
mmmk.
I have long hair, about halfway down my back. I used to catch sh!t left and right because of it, but now, people love it. It was like a huge self esteem boost, too, because I've gotten far more girl attention than I ever did with short hair. It feels good to be considered attractive.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
I can never get my hair long enough for it to be considered 'long hair'.
My family doesn't let me grow it long and makes me get it cut.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Jekkyl
I have long hair, about halfway down my back. I used to catch sh!t left and right because of it, but now, people love it. It was like a huge self esteem boost, too, because I've gotten far more girl attention than I ever did with short hair. It feels good to be considered attractive.

yeah me too....i look REALLY bad with short hair. its just the way my hair is since its not normal and straight. but i grew it out two summers ago and went to 9th grade and yeah i dont have trouble with girls not finding me attractive anymore lol
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Not attacked, but shouted at. I will write in both Pavee and English.

"Ah bois, wood jew look at dat gott there wit da long hair, he's a frake!"

Meaning:

"Gentlemen, would you take a look at that chap with long hair over there? He does seem a bit odd"

But in all seriousness, that's all I get from them, aside from the occasional "Can I borrow a lighter" or a drive-by "Metallica!!!!" (The only band they know of)

I used to get asked if I liked *insert Metal band here* I answered, and they'd ask me if I liked any other music, I'd say yeah, and they'd say like Rap & Dance? And I'd reply a good bit of rap, but not too much dance..

Then they'd say I had a "dacent" taste in music and walk off...
Quote by david_highland
yeah man, most girls dig my long hair for one reason or another, or in one way or another. But, I do get hastled every so often, but usualy by midle aged men that don't have any hair, so I'll be like "I don't give you **** about being bald, so why don't you leave me the hell alone?"

Yeah same here bro.

Just the old people that give me funny looks
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
my hair is pretty long...and i can't get it to look good at the moment without wearing a backwards hat for some reason. so im gtonna look like sh!t when the school year starts and i can't wear my hat. but with short hair i look incredibly stupid. onlt time i get yelled at for it or anything is by my stupid brother who is jealous cus i look badass and he doesn't.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
lol at the long hair = more girls so damn true
yea it made me more popular and people love it especially my gf
im just talking about the retards who choose to loiter the streets
and if you call someone a Pakistani here its classed as racism
were so pc its hard to know what the **** you can say
it just makes me so angry to think people are so stupid that they feel the need to shout "get yer hair cut "
why do they feel the need

for the record my hair is halfway down my back
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I can never get my hair long enough for it to be considered 'long hair'.
My family doesn't let me grow it long and makes me get it cut.

That totally sucks

My sympathies
my band Crimson Angel

PM me if you're interested in drumming for us
Nah, not a problem for me. Sometimes I get the impression that some girls like..
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Yeah people pretty much leave me alone about it...I used to have it almost identical to Jim Morrisons' on the 'Best of' album (christ pose), now its slightly shorter...girls love it.
Gibson SG Standard
Dean Avalanche
Line 6 Spider II 30
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah

Velvet Revolver/Alice in Chains- 10/7/07
Foo Fighters - 1/17/08
Pearl Jam - 6/12/08
Stone Temple Pilots- 8/22/08
My hair is pretty long, my hair is pretty curly, but when it is straight.. it is about almost half my back. I do get shouted at by some rough areas, but nothing really. I get the "Jesus" thing every now and again. A lot of people say they like it how it how it used to be about a year ago. I can headbang better with the longer hair though, and if I had straight hair my hair could go flying. That'd be awesome. :p
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by metalisbest

thats why its great to live in the U.S. because people only attack you for your skin color not for your hair length

My hair makes any school staff suspicious of me. Yes, it's long.
Quote by red star
I have long hair, not as long as most metal heads but longer than most guys. my hairs not stick straight either. its wavy and thick. kinda like george harrisons hair on the cover of let it be... but more messy haha. girls really like it and thats all that really matters

same
Quote by metalisbest

Sigged.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I love my long hair. If I get any unwanted attention then I haven't noticed it because people, at least where I come from, tend to avoid confrontation unless they're tryin to throw down, which really would be over something more pressing than "Hey, that guy's got long hair. Let's gettim!"
Page 1 of 2