Im a noob here haha, Im looking to start guitar and I need a guitar and an amp, I have 450$ to spend on an amp and a guitar. I have a cable since I play bass so its all good there and I have picks and what not so just a guitar and an amp, Please help, and yes im sure this post has been made millions of time but hey give me a break
you can usually find a guitar/amp combo for a cheap price. not very good guitar or amp, but cheap. just look at pretty much any guitar/music store.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
this is exactly like me, except i don't have $450.
I want to get a squier stratocaster. they aren't expensive and i don't think they're a whole lot different from the more expensive fender strats. I could be wrong though, so you should probably not listen to me without hearing what experienced guitarists say.
take it to ebay after you know what you want. I wish I would have, so much cheeper for such awesome stuff
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
squier strats are not bad. They have good and bad ones, so be careful

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Quote by Pinky19
squier strats are not bad. They have good and bad ones, so be careful

how would you know good strats from bad ones?
there's a few at a pawn shop for cheap.
should I check them out or go to a music store?
by playing them? yea, that usually works for me. If it feels crappy, then it IS crappy. My friend has a squire strat and I like it more than mine, and I payed 400$

dont listen to honey fuzz, they are salesmen. They tricked me, and they will trick you. Listen to the UG Elders, for they are the ones who can offer true slavation to the holy lands.

Quote by byob_soad2
this is exactly like me, except i don't have $450.
I want to get a squier stratocaster. they aren't expensive and i don't think they're a whole lot different from the more expensive fender strats. I could be wrong though, so you should probably not listen to me without hearing what experienced guitarists say.

Well, they are ALOT different, but for a new player its nothing you would be able to notice. Visually, they are made to look the same as the high-end strats for appeal obviously. But they are made of cheaper wood, poorly made, hammered out of the factory as fast as possible, pickups are not adjusted properly, not custom staggered, and they have difficulty replicating the true stratocaster tone. But, if you get one made of Alder, put some Texas Special or Tex Mex pickups in it for a few hundred bucks, put on a new nicer neck with better made frets for another few hundred, you've got a kickass guitar.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
wait a minute, what kind of music you playin?

Quote by shawn147
what about this guitar for my first?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G400-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518291

theyre regular 400$ on other websites but 300 here.

That would make an excellent first guitar. Maybe swap out the pickups on down the road and you'll have a great guitar that should last you a good long time

For an amp I'd check out the Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube (not the 15). Great all around amps
From classic rock to hardcore. I mostly want to play the devil wears prada, and like chiodos stuff.
Roland MicroCube sounds good, and has a several effects, plus the several output types, including the accousting setting which actually works well, all sound great.

shawn, I would say a Schecter c-1 for a guitar, great for more hardcore stuff, and it has a trem, but not an FR, which is good for begginners. Dont get an FR. Also, the microcube has a 20 hr battery life from 6 AA batteries

it dpes that too.

it does that too*

and here is a list of advice that I have learned"
Dont buy what people at stores recommend.
Play the guitar at the store, then buy from ebay.

well, who need toes ne way... sell them to toeless bums and buy it from EBAY

get a roland microcube or a vox va5 amp

but i say get the roland

if you buy from ebay couldnt the thing you buy be defective in some way O.o

i havent used ebay since i have no credit card lol
so okay, for a noob beginning guitar, the epi g400 and a microcube, good to get started?
yea, wat u said would be good.

Screw Ebay. You can't try out a guitar on Ebay.

IMO Craigslist.com is the best place to find a used guitar. Depending on where you live, you can find a huge selection. Most sellers will let you try out the guitar before you buy.