Page 3 of 17
^All are either already there or belong in other forums.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
^Dinosaur Jr, Sebadoh, Pink Floyd, Stone Temple Pilots...

You seem to have fairly similar musical taste to me, check out some bands my last fm, http://www.last.fm/user/fungus0304/

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Check out Bug by Dino Jr, probably the easiest to get into. Their older stuff is a bit weirder, and the stuff after Bug doesn't have Lou Barlow on it, except for their new album Beyond, which I'd recommend getting after Bug.

For Pink Floyd, everyone seems to have different favourite albums, but I know DownInAHole. agrees with me that Animals is their best effort, so since you have such similar tastes to us, maybe check it out. Dark Side of the Moon may be a better first album though.

And if you don't find STP interesting, you haven't heard Tripping On A Hole In A Paper Heart.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
For the Dino Jr. subject; I've yet to hear Bug, but I have You're Living All Over Me, and it's an excellent album.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Check out Bug by Dino Jr, probably the easiest to get into. Their older stuff is a bit weirder, and the stuff after Bug doesn't have Lou Barlow on it, except for their new album Beyond, which I'd recommend getting after Bug.

For Pink Floyd, everyone seems to have different favourite albums, but I know DownInAHole. agrees with me that Animals is their best effort, so since you have such similar tastes to us, maybe check it out. Dark Side of the Moon may be a better first album though.

And if you don't find STP interesting, you haven't heard Tripping On A Hole In A Paper Heart.

Dinosaur Jr- Where You Been? and Beyond are great ones.

Floyd- Animals and/or Atom Heart Mother

STP- Damn near anything except Shangri-La-Dee-Da.
LOL
Frenchy or DIAH.,

what is Dinosaur Jr.'s most non produced album? or their hardest?

cheers
The self-titled debut.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Meat Puppets II was the eighties. Early eighties, at that. Put Up on the Sun or Too High to Die up in there.

Anyway, less complaining from me, and more recommending: Spacehog's Resident Alien. I guess it's like a glam rock type of thing.

And what of Blind Melon, and Blues Traveler? Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie's Brain could fit, too, I think.. Or maybe not, I suck at this.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Feb 26, 2008,
hey guys i'm looking for something alternative like Jane's Addiction or Smashing Pumpkins. I'm also looking for something like Soundgarden or Pearl Jam. Thanks.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by soundgarden19
hey guys i'm looking for something alternative like Jane's Addiction or Smashing Pumpkins. I'm also looking for something like Soundgarden or Pearl Jam. Thanks.

Have you listened to Biffy Clyro?
no i have not, what album should i try?

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

yeah i'll try to get into radiohead from what i've heard they kick ass

Quote by denizenz

Quote by soundgarden19

Blind Melon and Spacehog.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

I'm looking for some new bands to listen to. I'm looking for a kinda smooth sounding singing. Kinda like Muse and Tool and other bands that are like them. I dunno its hard to explain just like bands with good singing and such. Most likely a not so popular band or i may have already heard them.

has no signature.
Quote by frankv
Blind Melon definitely comes to mind. Also perhaps some Alice in Chains, Layne Staley didn't have the smoothest voice ever, but he was a hell of a good singer.

Hmmm well Blind Melon were alright, Alice in chains i have heard before. I was looking for maybe a more agressive sound then Blind Melon. With distortion guitars and stuff.

has no signature.
Blind Melon did use a lot of distorted guitars, especially on the Soup album. But, listen to the song "Time."

Almost none of their songs sounded close to No Rain.

Edit: I'm really excited to get to go see Blind Melon in a few weeks.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by fallenangel20
Russian Circles (Enter)- Post Rock

I actually love these guys. I rock out to Death Rides A Horse an awful lot these days.

Probably been said but I add Silversun Pickups, one of my favourite bands at the moment.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I suggest Shinedown to anyone that's looking for a modern straight up rock n roll band. Their singer has an excellent voice, they put on one hell of a live show, guitars are decent, and songwriting is improving.
Quote by frankv
What about Radiohead? I'm talking about The Bends - OK Computer-era Radiohead, not the electronic, depressing Radiohead.

i bought pablo honey and oasis's morning glory and they were unexpectedly amazing i wish i had heard them sooner.

Quote by denizenz

does joe satriani belong in this thread?
if not, where?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Been listening to a lot of old 'Jet' and 'The Darkness' albums today.
Can anyone recommend any new bands with that kind of classic rock edge?
Quote by Ash_2608
Been listening to a lot of old 'Jet' and 'The Darkness' albums today.
Can anyone recommend any new bands with that kind of classic rock edge?

You've probably heard about Wolfmother, but if you only heard "Woman" you should definitely go to YouTube and listen to some of their other songs. The Black Crowes are perhaps not that new but still modern rock, they have the blues rock sound of the '70s and sound modern. You could of course also listen to real classic rock like Deep Purple (if you like the Darkness there's a big chance you'll like them) and others.